all posts post new thread
@Mikeperry when will the program be released... We are waiting already a few days. You say it's coming soon... Can you give us an time frame... Soon can be in two days or two months...

Will this be better than the Pavel approved s&s with push presses? How will it differ?

Will this be better than the Pavel approved s&s with push presses? How will it differ?
When i saw this that program is what first came to mind. A program centered around C&Js seems to me a more efficient way of doing swings with push presses. Im very interested in this program.

It seems my question got lost in other posts, I believe, so I will shyly ask again: is it a program created with grapplers and mma fighters in mind? Or will strikers and kickers benefit as well?

I'm asking because I've been snatching (044, A+A) for one year and I believe it improved my roundhouse kicks' power tremendously. Do you think Muay Thai fighters (my sport) could benefit from clean and jerks more than from snatches?

Hello everyone.
This product has tons of content on swings, get ups, cleans and jerks, long presses, squats, breathing etc. it also comes with a PDF with programs as well. Check out BJJ fanatics and effective strength and conditioning. As soon as this comes available, I will let everyone know
Looks good,
Any idea what the ETA is on this one is?
(Ballpark)
?

It seems my question got lost in other posts, I believe, so I will shyly ask again: is it a program created with grapplers and mma fighters in mind? Or will strikers and kickers benefit as well?

I'm asking because I've been snatching (044, A+A) for one year and I believe it improved my roundhouse kicks' power tremendously. Do you think Muay Thai fighters (my sport) could benefit from clean and jerks more than from snatches?
While the clean and jerk isn’t a snatch I can’t see how it could hurt your progress. At the least it would maintain your Thai kicks and greatly improved the explosiveness of your punches.

@John Grahill @Reardon55 baseball is the thinking man's game. Most casual fans are not aware of the game within the game - batter vs pitcher, pitcher vs runner, etc. It's quite different from the constant action of other mainstream team sports and I think this hurts it in today's go-go-go world

/off topic over
Baseball is a game you can "watch" on your back porch with your dad or buddies on the radio. I had a friend growing up that could name the starting team for every team all positions. We used to read box scores in the papers every day. Used to put together fantasy teams and then argue who's team was better. Sometimes you got a letter, like D, or G and every player's name had to be letter, like DiMaggio or Gehrig(my favorite player).

Snatches and CJ's are good for all athletes.
One better than the other ? No idea.
Do both.

Dbl. bell snatches for 5's , with plenty of rest would work as well.

Last edited:

Scott Sonnen, the flowfit/clubbells guru, advocated the OACJ long cycle for fighters about 10-15 years ago. You can probably find his videos on it. I know that doesn't answer your question about Pavel specifically. Scott competed in striking/grappling arts.

I saw Brett Jones post to his Instagram that he did double clean and jerks in sets of 3 OTM for 60 minutes... not sure if that reveals anything or not.
That’s Brett being an animal! That’s not in the plan

I am very interested in this product and will buy it right away.
There is no consensus in the judo community at all on weight training. I don't know what the situation is with BJJ or wrestling, however. Wrestling has more literally "picking up" moves in it so maybe there is more a consensus there about what lifts are best.
If Pavel has designed something scientific (of course he has!) that works universally for grappling, this will be something especially unique and groundbreaking.
This plan will be simple and effective. There are also plans for beginners, intermediate and advanced

I’m not sure- this is set up through BJJ fanatics/effective strength and conditioning. Sorry I don’t have any more info

Isn't the new programme specifically for "fighters"?
This program is for anyone that likes to train with KB’s.
This plan is designed for grapplers but like any solid program- there is tons of carryover.

@Mikeperry when will the program be released... We are waiting already a few days. You say it's coming soon... Can you give us an time frame... Soon can be in two days or two months...
I reached out to the editors and have not heard back yet. I don’t think it will be months- I’m hoping within a couple weeks. Once I hear more, I will let you all know.

Here you go:

This article jogged my memory on Scott Sonnen as well, I remember him training a MMA fighter here in the US using mostly kbells and bwt. It was mostly based on one arm drills, and maybe half getups too.

@ChrisWo468,

Effective Strength and Conditioning is producing this. These kinds of details details are in their hands. The IG that Mike linked in his first post is from their page, effectivesc.

Thanks, everyone.

-S-

That’s Brett being an animal! That’s not in the plan

This plan will be simple and effective. There are also plans for beginners, intermediate and advanced

I’m not sure- this is set up through BJJ fanatics/effective strength and conditioning. Sorry I don’t have any more info

This program is for anyone that likes to train with KB’s.
This plan is designed for grapplers but like any solid program- there is tons of carryover.

I reached out to the editors and have not heard back yet. I don’t think it will be months- I’m hoping within a couple weeks. Once I hear more, I will let you all know.
I'm a grappler on my judo side, striker on my kendo side. Should apply especially to judo. Good.

The clean and jerk can be done with heavier bells... so whatever that means for training! :)

Back
Top Bottom