all posts post new thread
Still no ETA for this? It's like waiting for a movie last year; the release dates kept getting pushed back and back... :(

Still no ETA for this? It's like waiting for a movie last year; the release dates kept getting pushed back and back... :(
Its pretty common for bjjfanatics and effectivesc (same people) to release a preview months before releasing. It actually is similar to a trailer of a movie coming out way before the release.

What Will You Learn?

Your #1 training priority is to get the most mat time. Hence strength and conditioning must take up the least amount of your time, energy, and mental bandwidth.

The kettlebell is the answer. It is the most versatile weapon against weakness. With expert programming, it covers all the bases of strength (dynamic and static), conditioning, and resilience with just a handful of high yield exercises with quick learning curves:

• The Swing—for “hips and grips”
  • The Get-Up—“No-one could hold me down” plus bullet-proof shoulders
  • The Clean-and-Jerk—the answer to all your power and conditioning questions
We invited the #1 expert, Pavel Tsatsouline who started the kettlebell revolution, and his team to design a program just for you. Kettlebells StrongFirst blends Pavel’s expertise in “low-tech/high concept” training for the military with the BJJ knowledge of the black belts at his StrongFirst school of strength.

The result is a “plug-and-play” program that builds “3D” strength and conditioning—while making your carcass more resilient instead of piling on new injuries like many popular “workouts.”

A key feature of the program is Russian anti-glycolytic programming—the gold medal alternative to mindless “metcons” and “smokers” that take a lot more out of you than they give.

Kettlebells StrongFirst. Get stronger than the competition while leaving a full tank for rolling.

So, What Exactly Do You Get?
VOLUME 1

• INTRODUCTION
  • A 50,000' VIEW OF STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING:GPP VS. SSP;SPPI AND SPP2
  • WHY KETTLEBELLS
  • PART I: BEGINNER TO INTERMEDIATE
  • BREATH MASTERY
  • POWER BREATHING
  • "BREATHING BEHIND THE SHIELD"
  • FRACTIONAL BREATHING FOR SWINGS AND EMERGENCY RECOVERY
  • "DARTH VADER BREATHING"
  • TALK TEST
  • ALWAYS LOADED: KETTLEBELL TRAINING SAFETY
  • GOBLET SQUAT
  • DEADLIFT
  • STRONGFIRST BRIDGE
  • HIP HINGE
  • SHORT STOP DRILL
  • "FAST & LOOSE"
VOLUME 2
  • TOWEL SWING
  • TWO-ARM SWING
  • ONE-ARM SWING
  • HAND-TO-HAND
  • GET-UP
  • GET-UP WITH SHOULDER ROTATIONS
  • GET-UP WITH PRESSES
  • BASIC TRAINING PRINCIPLES AND KEY POINTS
  • STRENGTH IS THE MASTER QUALITY
  • STRENGTH, ENDURANCE, AND OTHER PHYSICAL QUALITIES ARE SKILLS
  • LIFT HEAVY, NOT HARD
  • AEROBIC ENDURANCE IS SUPERIOR TO ACID TOLERANCE. ENTER "STRENGTH AEROBICS"
  • UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRAINING AND PEAKING
  • VARIETY IS OVERRATED
VOLUME 3
  • PROGRAMMING: FROM BEGINNER TO ADVANCE
  • WHAT IF I AM NOT A GRAPPLER?
  • SINGLE CLEAN
  • DOUBLE CLEAN
  • DOUBLE FRONT SQUAT
  • OVERHEAD MOBILITY AND STABILITY
  • DOUBLE MILITARY PRESS
  • RIB GRAB
  • BRETTZEL
  • PULLUP BAR DRILLS
  • LOCKOUT STRETCH WITH ONE OR TWO KETTLEBELLS
  • PUSH PRESS
  • SINGLE LONG PUSH PRESS
  • SINGLE PUSH PRESS
  • DOUBLE LONG PUSH PRESS
  • DOUBLE PUSH PRESS
  • SINGLE JERK
  • SINGLE LONG CYCLE
  • DOUBLE JERK
  • DOUBLE LONG CYCLE

Last edited:
Finally! I will be buying when I get back to bjj for sure. For now i am going to continue being a meat head/powerlifter. Cant wait to try this out though.

It’s a 3 part video series that goes into great depth of the exercises and a pdf with the program. I’ve made it through the manual and most of the videos. It’s well done as I would expect from BJJFanatics. And BJJFANATICS always has some sort of coupon available. You will never pay full price.

$100 seems fair considering what it is. They have sales on the site quite often as well. There are instructionals on there for like $275 from the highest level bjj instructors. Pavel is, in my opinion, the highest level strength and conditioning instructor out there. Having a strongfirst program designed specifically for bjj guys is as good as it gets. So many people in bjj do S&C horribly and have no clue what they are doing outside of their bjj practice.
I am 34 and can go train bjj everyday while doing S&C now because of strongfirst. I have had injuries in both shoulders and both knees. I was constantly re-injuring them before strongfirst. I dont at all anymore. It literally changed my life and extended my longevity in the sport i do.

I didn't mean any disrespect. It's just there already is a protocol from Jon Engum I believe about the jerk for fighters. Then we have s&s and q&d. In with the s&a we have the fighters protocol which integrates the push press. As for the detailed videos, many including myself have videos which were included or purchased separately from top sfg people which give excellent cues and instructions.
Do you feel this one product offers more than the total sum of the others?

I like how one of my favorite exercises was programmed. Not giving away any spoilers.

I didn't mean any disrespect. It's just there already is a protocol from Jon Engum I believe about the jerk for fighters. Then we have s&s and q&d. In with the s&a we have the fighters protocol which integrates the push press. As for the detailed videos, many including myself have videos which were included or purchased separately from top sfg people which give excellent cues and instructions.
Personally i have no clue if it will be better than stuff i am already doing. I think for most bjj athletes it will be a massive improvement to what they are doing. I do have faith in Pavel and Mike that it will be a great program. So far i see swings, get ups, and clean and jerks put together in a program. That sounds great already.

Hmm, wish there was a way to only purchase the programming

Last edited:
I haven’t watched the videos yet, but have absorbed the programming PDF.

The Jon Engum protocol is a density approach; this is a low-tempo-high-volume approach. Higher volume than both S&S and Q&D. If that helps.

I haven’t watched the videos yet, but have absorbed the programming PDF.

The Jon Engum protocol is a density approach; this is a low-tempo-high-volume approach. Higher volume than both S&S and Q&D. If that helps.
Thanks for the info. Can you say if there is more than one program?

Thanks for the info. Can you say if there is more than one program?
I can say there are training approaches laid out for Beginner Practice, Beginner and Intermediate Training, and Advanced Training (SW+GU continuation, or progressing to C&J). For C&J specifically there are two plan structures, I believe they are meant to be cycled between them (do one plan for a while, do the other plan, come back to the first with the next weight, etc.). Similar two-plan structure for double bell long cycle option.

Back
Top Bottom