all posts post new thread

A Norseman's Journey

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

User 4484

32 year old swedish male. Prior to kettlebell´s I did powerlifting for an extensive time without much of a success. The lifts were SQ 145kg x 5, BP 115kg x 1, DL 180kg x 5.

My history in short;
Got injured, lost my passion for powerlifting, started trail running, lost 13kg of bw, started to enjoy training, started with kettlebells, noticed strength gains, got to a point where the kettlebell and running improved basically from training session to training session, regained the love for life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday 16/11-15

Treadmill intervalls (incline 1)
1st km - 6:00/pace
2nd km - 5:00/pace
3rd km - 4:00/pace
4th km - 5:00/pace
5th km - 6:00/pace

Tuesday 17/11-15

Deadlift
60kg x 5 (warm-up)
70kg x 5 (warm-up)
85kg x 5
95kg x 3
100kg x 2

Tactical Pull-ups
BW+5kg x 5
BW+5kg x 4
BW+5kg x 3
BW+5kg x 3
BW+5kg x 2

2H Swing
24kg x 10x10

TGU
20kg x 5x1

It was short and sweet and I felt strong!

Treadmill Running (incline 1)
10km - 5:25/pace

This was a bit of a pusher, but since I´m going to Stockholm over the weekend, some sort of effort needed to be done! :)

Finally, after more than two weeks the cold subsided. Damn, that was a though one!
Got back at it today, lost close to 3kg and felt really week. Bought a starting place in the Gothenburg Half marathon in the summer of ´16. Will be awesome!

Deadlift
60kg x 5
60kg x 5
70kg x 3
80kg x 3
90kg x 5
80kg x 5

Tactical Pull-ups
BW x 5
BW x 4
BW x 3
BW x 2
BW x 1

2H Swing
24kg x 10x10

TGU
16kg x 3x1

The journey to awesome run capacity and decent TSC numbers continues ...;)

Saturday 05/12-15

Treadmill Running
(incline 1)
5km - 5:45/pace

Sunday 06/12-15

Treadmill Running
(incline 1)
9,5km - 5:45/pace

Good times comes to those who waits, and that time is now! My wife will get me a 24kg and a 32kg kettlebell from Rogue this christmas. This has also lead me to rethink my priorities. When the bells arrive I will devote my strength training to S&S for 3-4 days/week and pursue the simple goal while I keep running 3 days/week.

Power to me!

Warm-up - 3rd
Goblet Squat x5
Hip Bridge x5
Halos x5

Swing
24kg x 8x10 (2H)
24kg x 2x10 (1H)

TGU
16kg x 1(l,r)
16kg x 1
20kg x 1
20kg x 1
16kg x 1

Cool Down
90/90 Stretch
QL Straddle

Quick session today. Tried to get a feel for the one arm swing. It feels quite good on my right side, but I have trouble on the left side. Not due to strength issue, it rather feels like a neuroligical thing .. I have to learn how to engage my left side better :) (I´m right handed)
First time I tried the stretches, and man, did they felt good!

Treadmill Running (incline 1)
6,5km
Pace: 5:27
Time: 40:37

Tactical Pull-ups
BW x 5
BW x 4
BW x 3
BW x 2
BW x 2

Supersetted with

Push-ups
BW x 12
BW x 10
BW x 8
BW x 6
BW x 6

It was a tough running session today. Not physically but mental. Just have to remember that sessions like today is when I evolve. Had the Half Marathon and the Ultra Marathon in my mind so I just had to keep on going. Finished with a few supersets of two of my favorite exercises.

Warm-up - 3rd
Goblet Squat x5
Hip Bridge x5
Halos x5

Swing
24kg x 6x10 (2H)
24kg x 4x10 (1H)

TGU
20kg x 1(l,r)
20kg x 1
24kg x 1
24kg x 1
20kg x 1

Cool Down
90/90 Stretch
QL Straddle

Waiting for my 32kg bell to arrive. I feel that the 24kg bell is to light two handed but to hard one handed. Is it a good idea to achieve the Simple goal with 32kg two handed and from there work up from 16-20kg one handed? I feel that I aint got no business doing single handed swings as for now.

I wanted to try out the 24kg for TGU, and is was awesome and really challenging! Everyone at my gym, especially the teenage bodybuilders whom swing and jerk every exercise they do, look at me like "what the heck are you doing", when I do my swings and get-ups and then go home and feel awesome! :D

Tomorrow is the long running session for the week. The weather has calmed so its time to hit the trails again!

If anyone want to follow, my instagram is Stefan Olsson (@arthax83) • Instagram photos and videos

Waiting for my 32kg bell to arrive. I feel that the 24kg bell is to light two handed but to hard one handed. Is it a good idea to achieve the Simple goal with 32kg two handed and from there work up from 16-20kg one handed? I feel that I aint got no business doing single handed swings as for now.

Read S&S closely, as it has some advice for this. In my experience it is good to work in one handed swings constantly in order to build up the grip.

You know, I was thinking yesterday - oh-oh, dangerous - that, if someone can swing a 32 kg with two hands, that means you've got 16 kg per hand, so why not try starting one-hand swings with a weight you know you can manage, which is 16 kg?

-S-

Trail Running
Distance: 11,5km
Time: 1:10:07
Pace: 6:05/km

Felt really good today! The legs were strong and the pace was comfortable. Looking forward to slowly increase the pace gradually until the summer.

Warm-up - 3rd
Goblet Squat x5
Windmill x3(l,r)
Halos x5

Swing
24kg x 10x10 (2H)

TGU
20kg x 1(l,r)
20kg x 1
20kg x 1
20kg x 1
20kg x 1

Tactical Pull-ups
BW x 5
BW x 4
BW x 3
BW x 3
BW x 2

Push-ups
BW x 12
BW x 10
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 6

Decent session today, was pretty tired throughout the session. The Get-ups were hard cause I didn't get the flow and the swings were not as snappy as i´d like. Perhaps the running session yesterday were more taxing than expected. Had a chance to record one of my 2H swing sets, and did a one handed for the form check. Please critique my form to help me step up my game!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom