all posts post new thread

A Norseman's Journey

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Running
5km
25:35min

Swings
32kg x 250(~20 swings per set)

Superset with

Armour Building
2x 20kg x 10set (2 cleans, 1 press, 3 squat = 1 set)

Last edited by a moderator:
Clean and Press
24kg x 1,2,3,4,5 (x3)

Superset with

Tactical Pullups
BW x 1,2,3,4,5 (x3)

45 solid reps. The Pullups were a bit to easy, but the presses were a challange! The volume really sneaked up on me!

Trail running
5,21km
27:17min

Last run for the holiday. Tomorrow I will be back to reality and S&S. I have also bought a 30 day Online coaching beginner course in KB fundamentals by Stefan Löfström! Excited to improve my lifts!

I think I remember that Stefan acheived Sinister standard a while back. Impressive ability! Good luck with the course.

I think I remember that Stefan acheived Sinister standard a while back. Impressive ability! Good luck with the course.

Yes he did. He is a great with KB´s. So far the course has been rewarding!

Great trail picture!

Great to hear that the pictures are appreciated! :) Will try to upload more if I find the right Kodak moment!

Warm-up - 3rd
Goblet Squat 24kg x5
Single Leg DL 24kg x5
One Arm KB Row 24kg x5

Swing
24kg x 1x10 (2H)
24kg x 8x10 (1H)
32kg x 1x10 (2H)

TGU
24kg x 5x1(l,r)

Fun but tough today! Filmed some of the lifts for the KB course. Feedback this far is great and its really fun and inspiring!

Trail running
8,8km
46:27min
5:16/km

Felt great today! Did not push the pace, but instead just let the body find it.

Warm-up - 3rd
Goblet Squat 24kg x5
Bird Dog x5
Kettlebell Clean 24kg x5

Swing
24kg x 10x10 (1H)

TGU
24kg x 5x1(l,r)

Decided to let go of the breaks a little today to see where I am at. Finished the swings and get-ups at 34:53min. The 24k really humbled me! The swings felt great, but it taxed my grip so every get-up was a real struggle. Especially the wrist, had to fight hard to keep it straight!

Trail running (in pitch black, snow and subzero temperature)
10km
5:30/km

Was the easiest 10k run I´ve ever done. I wonder if the What the hell effect applies to running as well? Its going the right way! Soon its time for IceBug Xperience Icebug Xperience - Swedish footwear for the new outdoors Anyone from StrongFirst who is running the event? :)

Warm-up - 3rd
Goblet Squat 24kg x5
Bird Dog x5
Kettlebell Pullover 24kg x5

Swing
32kg x 10x10 (2H, EMOM)

TGU
24kg x 5x1(l,r, EOMOM)

Got a tips from Stefan Löfström to do a swing every minute on the minute, and every other minute for the get-ups. Worked out really well and it seems to be an easy way to control, and bit by bit reduce your rest periods.

Warm-up - 3rd
Goblet Squat 24kg x5
Bird Dog x5
Kettlebell Row 24kg x5

Swing
24kg x 5x10 (1H, 4:31min)

TGU
24kg x 5x1 (l,r, 7:58min)

That did wake me up! :cool: Swings are getting more and more natural. The get-ups need serious attention. They are hard.

Original Strength - ~5min
Spiderman Crawl
Rolling
Rocking
Goblet Squat 32kg x 3x5

Swing
32kg x 4x10 (2H)
32kg x 1x5/5 (1H)
32kg x 5x10 (2H)

TGU
24kg x 5x1 (l,r,)

Watched some youtube clips of Original Strength and decided to try some of it. The crawl was a real wake-up call. Tried some 1H swings with 32k indoor, was afraid to drop the bell on the floor. Really taxing to the grip! The get-ups felt better today when I rested longer between sets. Tried to stay in every stage of the get-up until I had full control.

It is snowing like crazy and my spike straps for the shoes are broken so I have to wait for the snow to melt some.

Original Strength - ~5min
Spiderman Crawl
Rolling
Rocking
Various Stretching

1H Swing
24, 24, 32*, 24, 24, 32, 32, 24, 24 32

TGU
24, 32, 24, 24, 24

*32k was 5 swings for each arm.

Starting to realize the benefits of doing S&S. Made a shaky PR on the get-up! :D It was scary but it felt awesome! The grip in my left hand is really weak compared to my right, witch make the swings insecure as for now. Guess I´ll just continue on. To swing heavy weights I need to become StrongFirst!

Thank you @Henningb !

You are absolutely right! It felt important psychologically to at least know I can do it. Now I´ll just keep on training an see when the opportunity shows it self again.

Warm-up - 3rd
Goblet Squat 24kg x 5
Hip Flexor Stretch x 5
Clean 24kg x 5

1H Swing
24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24

TGU
24*, 24, 24, 24

*24, the first set was two get-ups per side

Today was tough. Been in the office for 8 straight hours so the body was slow and weak. Saw @Steve Freides recommendation of doing two get-ups per side and it felt good. Beside the prolonged time under tension I realized that I was more cautious on the way down to not affect the next get-up. It served me well! Going to Stockholm for a couple of days so I take some time off.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom