all posts post new thread

Bodyweight A question about Armstrong pullup program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

sebape

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello,
I started the Armstrong Pullup Program last week and wonder if i can still keep my old Back/Bicep day or will it be too much for my body. i'd like to build some muscle on my biceps as well during the program and i doubt i'll do it with just the pullup program since it only takes less than 20 mins and it's everyday. now my workout schedule is:

Monday: Pullup program, back/bicep
Tuesday: Pullup program, chest/tricep
wednesday: Pullup program, legs
thursday: Pullup program, shoulders
friday: Pullup program, abs

Hello,

@sebape
First off, welcome !

Overtraining is always a difficult question. Generally, effects appear in terms of weeks (short / medium haul). Basically, there is no perfect answer about "too much". As long as you progress AND recover (so do not feel fatigue or pain) you can go.

Kind regards,

Pet'

thank you!

Allright, thanks for your advise it's much appreciated. Perhaps i should move back/bicep day to friday then so i know the muscles get 2 rest days afterwards.?

Try your program, and if you are not making progress then you are doing too much. Then restart the program without the extra.

I found the Armstrong pullup program to be too much all by itself. It is a tough program! So much volume. I can't see doing any additional upper back and bicep work during that program.

i have bad news. in 6 weeks of the program, i went from 11 pull ups to 14 and then back down to 12. now i'v had a 1 week break from all hard training, thinking i'v been over training so i'll see how i perform on monday.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom