all posts post new thread

Kettlebell A quote from S&S Revised edition

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@watchnerd

Very impressive and well thought out response. I also do a lot of tricep work, it really helps my bench. Very interesting that you use the same diameter bar for everything. It is a great idea. It makes sense. I actually purposely dont do that. I try to use thick bars as often as possible to buildup my handd and grip strength.

I dont really care about aesthetics. I mean, I'm glad I look decent, there is a pass/fail and I am above the line, lol. I can see my toes still, check! But I never look in the mirror and identify lagging muscles or something and then try to "sculpt" my body, lol. It is all for performance. But the bodybuilding work is effective, it has put a lot of mass on my upper body in the last year or so.

I kind of also like that pump feeling. I used to avoid it. But I find it really helps promote some healing and makes my joints feel great. It as also eliminates DOMS. I dont go crazy with this. I still try to be a minimalist in some regards.

Regards,

Eric

Very impressive and well thought out response.

Thanks!

One thing I like about having a sport is that it provides some clarity of focus across a wide range of training modalities and recoveries.

I kind of also like that pump feeling. I used to avoid it. But I find it really helps promote some healing and makes my joints feel great. It as also eliminates DOMS. I dont go crazy with this. I still try to be a minimalist in some regards.

BFR training has increased my appreciation of the pump, especially since it allows the response to be invoked with minimal training time and low joint impact.

S&S covers
“You have conquered the Timeless Simple. Respect. You have stuck to a “boring” program for many months and achieved a major milestone. Most people never get this far; they get distracted by the latest fad and lose their way.”

I’m part way through the book and this paragraph made me chuckle because it describes me. The only difference is “latest fad” for me is other Strongfirst programs or methods.
I really want to commit to this program and reach Timeless Simple or better but I hate the idea of months of not doing A+A snatching, double clean/press/frontsquat and BB deadlift.
Currently at a body weight of just under 140lbs I can do 5 untimed TGU’s per side using 28kg and regularly do A+A snatch with a 24kg.

I like the idea that committing to S&S will make everything better in the long run, but I definitely understand why some people can’t commit.
That stuff sounds pretty good. It seems harder than S&S actually. It isn't as simple as S&S. If you like it it would seem fine to keep at it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom