all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Ab engagement in bridges and hindu push-ups

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Training for Life

Level 6 Valued Member
Greetings,

This might be a silly question, but how much ab engagement is supposed to happen during the back bridge and the hindu push-up end position? Since both involve spine extension which makes it difficult for the abs to work, are the abs supposed to be nearly turned off or should there be noticeable tension happening?

Recently I have been experimenting with the aforementioned exercises and especially during the hindu push-up I notice a specific moment near the end where the abs start to turn off. I wonder if I should do the exercise with less ROM (less extension) instead, or if this is expected behaviour.

Greetings,

This might be a silly question, but how much ab engagement is supposed to happen during the back bridge and the hindu push-up end position? Since both involve spine extension which makes it difficult for the abs to work, are the abs supposed to be nearly turned off or should there be noticeable tension happening?

Recently I have been experimenting with the aforementioned exercises and especially during the hindu push-up I notice a specific moment near the end where the abs start to turn off. I wonder if I should do the exercise with less ROM (less extension) instead, or if this is expected behaviour.
I think they just naturally turn off. If anything those two movements stretch the abs.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom