all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Abdominal muscle spasm

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

North Coast Miller

Level 9 Valued Member
Finishing up my workout today and lowering into cossack stretch my lower left abdominal felt like it was firing reflexively.
No pain, but I was sure it had something to do with my past hernia surgery. Stood up and instead of anything bulging, my lil abdominal fat roll was completely gone on the left side and the abs in the immediate vicinity were twisted(?) or just firing overtime on their own, flipped outside in(?!). The site was not near my hernia surgery, and in any event it was like a reverse hernia...or something.

Honestly I don't know what they were doing - my first thought was "Hey, maybe I'm not screwed", second thought was if the other side would follow suit I'd eliminate the most stubborn bit of fat on my body.

Anyway, I leaned back a little and stretched it, and when I straightened back up it was back to normal. Went to drop back down into a cossack squat and it started to tie up again. You got it buddy, finished my warmdown with some hot potatoes and another set of side to side crunches, everything behaving normal.

Anyone have anything like this happen before? Feels fine now, in fact didn't hurt even at its most gimpy.

Sounds pretty strange. I've had ab cramps, which were painful and not fun at all. Someone remind me to tell you my Pavel ab cramp story - that would be me with the ab cramps, and how Pavel reacted.

If it didn't hurt, I'd say it's just something to keep an eye on, but of course, the prudent course of action would be for a doctor, and I'd think perhaps even your surgeon, to give you a physical examination in person to see if he/she felt anything was amiss. And certainly if it happens again, I'd head for the doctor.

Was the ab "thing" on the squatting leg side or the straight leg side? My guess would be the squatting leg side.

-S-

It was the straight leg side, triggered by a little hollowing as I get down into the stretch.

Did some reading up and sounds like a fairly common thing in the world of muscle spasms.

Taking a wait and see at this point, feels fine...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom