all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Achieved Timeless Simple!!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

DarrenWilburn

Level 2 Valued Member
It’s no big deal but was able to achieve the Timeless Simple standard today. It’s been a 6 month journey and was pumped to knock this out today and keep moving forward.

I’m a former college athlete and let’s say I’ve had a 13 year layoff since my last serious training. I’ve had brief starts and stops over the years. I had only really known how to train to be a football player and after I finished up it was hard to find the motivation to continue training that way. For some reason this program has stuck. I’ve followed it to the letter and honestly have been shocked at the results.

The forum has been an invaluable resource along the way. Onward to sinister. Hope to post another update in the next 6 months!

@Rumsmike I have the first edition E Bookand and that’s what I’ve used so far. I do like the timeless standard in 2.0. Any recommendations between the two?

@DarrenWilburn I'm only a few months ahead of you so certainly not an expert. I'm almost at timeless with the 40kg and I just purchased a 48 last week in anticipation of moving up likely in the fall (if you asked me a few months back if I'd ever be teasing sinister I would have probably laughed at you haha).

I'm strictly following version 2.0 and it's progressions. It is absolutely worth purchasing and reading. It much more clearly lays out a path beyond timeless simple and so far it's really working for me. Really nice to be able to reduce the number of workouts per week and still be able to progress. So much gold to mine for in the update.

Check out this thread if you haven't seen it already: The S&S 2.0 Book is VERY different from the first book

@DarrenWilburn I've settled into about 3.5 times per week (every 2nd day). The book recommends 3 or 4 times per week once you've reached simple.

Nothing wrong with hammering away at the 32kg for a while. That's what I did before I finally bought the 40. You'll find yourself at or close to the timed standard every workout, which is obviously nothing to sneeze at. Your conditioning will be outstanding and by then you've hopefully saved up enough for the 40!

@Rumsmike that’s the plan thus far. Stay with the 32kg till I feel I can easily hit the timed standard on any session I choose. The kettlebell shortage actually worked out in my favor because it took me about 6-8 weeks to find and get the 32kg shipped. By the time I received the 32kg I truly owned the 24kg. Again the plan is to do the same before I move up again.

The beauty of the S&S is its simplicity. You do not need to think about it too much, all you need is action. That's it, just grab the bell and do the work. And do it continuously, and one day, you do not even know when you will hit Simple, and then Sinister.

Update: SIMPLE STANDARD ACHIEVED

Purchased the updated S&S 2 weeks ago and have been working on implementing the updates for beyond timeless simple.

Today was first Friday I decided to race the clock and Ididn’t realize I had set my swing timer to meet Simple until I was one set it. Made the quick decision to hang in and knock it out!

It’s been approximately 9 months to the day that I started and I can’t believe I made it this far. I kick myself every day for my self imposed 14 year layoff.

On to Sinister!!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom