all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Acupressure mats.

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Lotto

Level 6 Valued Member
Like Aku/Shakti mat etc. Does anyone here use one at all? Would be keen to hear opinions both positive and negative. Thank you.

My fiance' uses one. She loves it. I can't stand those needle on my back. So the negative would be that it might take some time to get used to it. I tried it but can stand too long, and now I don't do it at all. She loves using one whenever her back feels a bit tight or she wants to relax.

Last edited:
I've tried one. I kind of like it. My father in law said it helped with his back but his back still hurts and he's stopped using it so it seems like it wasn't a magic bullet.

I use one consistently as it reduces back discomfort. Tissue change? Placebo? Desensitisation? I don't know. I stay on it until I no longer notice the needles. At that point I feel better and consider that worth the $20 however it works. My guess would be more temporary desensitisation or a reduction in resting muscle tension more than anything. Consistent use makes my back feel less "tight," until I do something else to knot it back up! So I don't think it "fixes" anything. I put it in the same çamp as foam rollers.

Me too. It’s quite strange but I think it’s the increase in circulation or something. I love it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom