all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Acupuncture / Bells Palsy

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jud Crandall

Level 1 Valued Member
Anyone out there have success stories with either?

My wife, an MD, insists acupuncture is bogus. I know that some people on this forum share that view. (just read the other acupuncture thread on this forum LOL) I respect you guys.

But my wife was amazed last week, because I've had Bells Palsy (due to shingles of the facial nerve) for four months, with absolutely no movement on my right side. I saw an ENT twice about it, who said he was sorry, but that it was likely permanent. It was really annoying though, so I saw an acupuncturist who told me: "Give me six sessions and you will have movement again." Yeah right, for 64 bucks a session? But I was desperate, and forked over the money. Lo and behold, the day after my sixth session, last week, I was able to smile (barely) on. my right side again. Maybe it's a coincidence, but I'll pay for six more sessions just in case.

Anyone else get Bells Palsy? Hafthor Bjornsson got a pretty severe looking case. (World deadlift record holder) It's been three years for him. I just wonder if the stress on my CNS caused my outbreak of shingles/compromised immune system. My acupuncturist insists I rest my CNS for the next few weeks. Maybe back off my ROP progression. Half of what she says is totally bogus, but I think she may be right here. Just wondering if anyone besides the Mountain and I suffer from this.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom