all posts post new thread

Adam Mundorf -- Food Log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Adam R Mundorf

Level 6 Valued Member
  • 5'11 -- 170 lbs
  • Eating mainly for continued strength gain with minimal mass. Also, eating for longevity but that's another rather controversial matter.
  • One large meal a day, at night. Nothing during the day except water. Sometimes it's one large meal every other day.

• 5 pm
    • Large Green Salad
      • Red Leaf Lettuce, Cucumber, Red Pepper, Tomatoes
    • Steamed Vegetables
      • Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower and Asparagus
    • Steak
      • .50 lb 100% Grass Fed Steak w/ tumeric, salt and pepper
    • Chocolate
      • 100% Dark Chocolate 4oz
    • Nuts
      • Cashews, almonds, peanuts and macadamia nuts
    • Vitamins
      • Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Magnesium
        • All plant based and the fish oil is wild caught
      • I'm thinking about getting rid of the vitamins but I'm not sure yet. It's hard to decide if they're necessary or beneficial.

Do you usually eat the meal spread out through a window of time or try to get in all your nutrients in like an hour? Only reason I ask is I've seen the acronym OMAD (One Meal A Day) thrown around a lot on the interweb. After hearing about I wondered if the body can really absorb the nutrients as well if they're crammed in the space one hour.

For me, one meal really looks like the 3-4 feasting window in the eve. That's where I line up with the Warrior Diet pretty well.

Do you usually eat the meal spread out through a window of time or try to get in all your nutrients in like an hour? Only reason I ask is I've seen the acronym OMAD (One Meal A Day) thrown around a lot on the interweb. After hearing about I wondered if the body can really absorb the nutrients as well if they're crammed in the space one hour.

For me, one meal really looks like the 3-4 feasting window in the eve. That's where I line up with the Warrior Diet pretty well.
I spread it out. I probably do more of a 20 :4 feeding window. I just start sometime in the late afternoon and go as late as necessary. Generally it's around 3 hours but I really don't count the hours too closely. I just start when I know I have nothing important or strenuous left for the day.

The one meal a day seems to take away from the leisure aspect of enjoying a large evening meal. One of the best parts of the Warrior Diet was how the night feast was meant for stories, games and music. No rush to finish and a time to lounge around. It's almost like a time of freedom. During the day your work schedule and society dictate how you spend your time. When at home, you do as you please, to your hearts content.

Last edited:
7 pm
  • Large Green Salad
    • Romaine Lettuce, Cucumber, Green Pepper, Tomatoes, Carrots, Celery
  • Steamed Vegetables
    • Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower, Spinach and Green Beans
  • Protein
    • .30 lb Wild Caught Flounder w/ tumeric, olive oil, salt and pepper
    • .50 lb Wild Caught Shrimp w/tumeric, salt and pepper
  • Fuel
    • Pasture Raised Whole Milk Yogurt w/ flax seed, strawberries and banana
  • Vitamins

Last edited:
Why the distinction of fuel? How are you think differently for this set of foods? And where do you get you Pasture Raised milk? :)
Every night for my evening meal I separate between carbs, protein or fat for fuel food. That's really what it is for me after the main meal. My main meal fuels me for the following day while providing compensation for the day I had. Carbs would be rice/beans/sweet potatoes/fruit, Fat would be nuts/seeds, Protein would be yogurt/milk or just not eating anything after the protein and vegetables in the main meal.

I mainly decide the fuel based on what I'm craving and what kind of day I had. Yesterday I spent allot of time outside in the heat and having something heavy like fat fuel or cooked like rice/beans just didn't really work for me. So, I wanted something light, fresh and cool thus the yogurt with the fruit. I also started my meal late so I just wanted something light and more digestible since I was eating a little closer to bed. Fat fuel is definitely my preferred fuel source. I think it has to do with the calorie deficit I put myself in, cashews are delicious and because I'm fat adapted. Sometimes I'll have a stressed out day and nothing feels better than eating a huge bowl of peanuts. During the Summer months, it becomes a little less desirable because of how heavy on digestion nuts are. Having a really full/digesting stomach and it be 100 degrees feels horrible. Also, I'm up earlier and out later during the Summer, which means I eat later. The carb fuel is interesting for me. I really only crave cooked carbs once in a while and after really heavy exercise days. Protein fuel alone is the least desired for me. I always seem to want some form of fat or carbs with the protein.

I get the pasture raised milk from Shoprite. I think it's Stonyfield Yogurt and Organic Valley Milk.

4 pm
  • Large Green Salad
    • Romaine Lettuce, Cucumber, Green Pepper, Tomatoes, Carrots
  • Steamed Vegetables
    • Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower and Green Beans
  • Protein
    • 6 Pasture Raised Eggs w/ Pasture Raised Raw Cheddar Cheese, Butter, Oregano and Pepper
  • Fuel
    • Cashews, Cashew Butter, Almonds and Peanuts
  • Vitamins

Your consistency and responsible food choices are pretty awesome. And you weren't kidding when you said you really like Ori's philosophy on eating. The order of the foods eaten and pairing is straight from The Warrior Diet!

8 pm
  • Large Green Salad
  • Steamed Vegetables
    • Spinach
  • Protein
    • .57 lb 100% Grass Fed Steak w/ Olive Oil, Mustard Seed, Tumeric, Pepper and Salt
  • Fuel
    • Pasture Raised Whole Milk Yogurt w/ flax seed, strawberries and banana
  • Vitamins

Last edited:
Large Green Salad
Do you use any dressing like oil & vinegar etc...?

Based on some of the info above the total calories you eat in a day fluctuates based on how you feel and activity level? Yesterday you ate later and the amount of calories seems lower without the nuts.

Love the discipline. Also noticed your training log as well. Are you noticing any re-composition results (or maintaining a certain level?)

Do you use any dressing like oil & vinegar etc...?

Based on some of the info above the total calories you eat in a day fluctuates based on how you feel and activity level? Yesterday you ate later and the amount of calories seems lower without the nuts.
No dressing. Yeah, it definitely changes by how I feel. It was so late into the night that I didn't want anything too heavy or cooked. That's another downside of anything but fat fuel, it's near impossible to get the "required" calories without fat. Fat is also really satiating, which means it will serve you really well into the next day and beyond.
Love the discipline. Also noticed your training log as well. Are you noticing any re-composition results (or maintaining a certain level?)
Thank you. My upper back and shoulders have become a bit more muscular/defined. I have a little bit more muscle on my quads and hamstrings from the daily goblet squats. Other than that I maintained what I already had. I really don't workout intense enough to elicit even a decent composition response. For example, my heavy day yesterday took almost 2 hours. For me it's all neurological adaptation.

7 pm
  • Large Green Salad
    • Romaine Lettuce, Cucumber, Orange Pepper, Tomatoes, Carrots, Radishes, Green Onion, Cilantro
  • Steamed Vegetables
    • Spinach, Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrots
  • Protein
    • 6 Pasture Raised Eggs w/ Butter, Oregano, Salt and Pepper
  • Fuel
    • Cashews, Macadamia Nuts and Peanuts
I don't think my body takes well to macadamia nuts. Got a little bit of an allergic reaction.

Last edited:
I don't think my body takes well to macadamia nuts. Got a little bit of an allergic reaction.

Sorry to hear that. I love macadamia nuts, and based on what I've been reading about the breakdown of their fats and omega 3:6 ratio, they're probably one of the better nuts out there. Perhaps it was the total amount of nuts or the combo?

Sorry to hear that. I love macadamia nuts, and based on what I've been reading about the breakdown of their fats and omega 3:6 ratio, they're probably one of the better nuts out there. Perhaps it was the total amount of nuts or the combo?
I have a feeling it was the combo. Ori does recommend rotating different kinds of protein and nuts, to keep sensitivities and allergies at bay. I might go back to only having a single kind of nut for fuel to encourage rotation. Honestly, I really need to start varying all of my foods.

Thank you so much for commenting, I would've never even thought about this otherwise.

Honestly, I really need to start varying all of my foods.

Perhaps if the recipe section gets going it will give you some additional ideas to get you out of a rut. If there's not enough interest to justify it, I'll just start my own thread. Not the world's best cook, but I think it would be fun to step away from such an academic approach. ;)

5 pm
  • Large Green Salad
    • Romaine Lettuce, Cucumber, Orange Pepper, Tomatoes, Carrots
  • Steamed Vegetables
    • Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrots
  • Protein
    • .43 Wild Caught Flounder w/ Olive Oil, Turmeric, Oregano, Pepper and Salt
  • Fuel
    • 2 Glasses of Whole Milk
    • 2 Bananas
  • Vitamins

10 pm
  • Steamed Vegetables
    • Broccoli and Cauliflower
  • Falling from God's Grace
    • Sausage, Egg and Cheese Sandwich
    • Two Bags of BBQ Chips
    • Flatbread with Cheese
    • Pepperoni and Cheese Sandwich
    • 4 Mozzarella Sticks
    • Pretzel
    • Cheese Pretzel
    • Hot Dog
  • Vitamins
Man, never again........... These days don't happen often at all and Everytime I wish I just fasted until the next day.

Falling from God's Grace
  • Sausage, Egg and Cheese Sandwich
  • Two Bags of BBQ Chips
  • Flatbread with Cheese
  • Pepperoni and Cheese Sandwich
  • 4 Mozzarella Sticks
  • Pretzel
  • Cheese Pretzel
  • Hot Dog

Did you go to a carnival or a party?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom