all posts post new thread
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
4(1,2,3,4) 24kg MP
1(1,2,3)
All presses were matched with chin ups except for anything after 4(1,2) They were 2 chin ups.

11 minutes 24kg Swings -- Hard Effort

Well I'm only on day 2 lol But I'm really enjoying it. I actually am a bit sore for once. I haven't felt doms since I started training Pavel style in 2012.

I hear you. I am doing CC right now and I've never been so sore while training with KBs.

Anyway, looking forward to see your progress.

I hear you. I am doing CC right now and I've never been so sore while training with KBs.

Anyway, looking forward to see your progress.
Thanks. I'm logging in a Google docs document so I'll link it here and make it public.

Get Strong Training Log

CC is a good program but misunderstood. The rep ranges and programming isn't the point of the program. It's the application of progressive calisthenics. Working exercises while changing leverages through point of contacts or through changing angles to suit your ability. I think Get Strong is an evolution of progressive calisthenics. By the way, Paul Wade is working on a 4th book but we don't know anything about it yet.

I still think that combining all three CC books would give you a complete program for life but people like to rag on it because it's not pure strength and a different methodology. It doesn't overemphasize one quality but it does put an emphasis on joint and tendon strength.

Sorry for the ramble but I've been thinking about CC and calisthenics allot in the past few months.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm logging in a Google docs document so I'll link it here and make it public.

Get Strong Training Log

CC is a good program but misunderstood. The rep ranges and programming isn't the point of the program. It's the application of progressive calisthenics. Working exercises while changing leverages through point of contacts or through changing angles to suit your ability. I think Get Strong is an evolution of progressive calisthenics. By the way, Paul Wade is working on a 4th book but we don't know anything about it yet.

I still think that combining all three CC books would give you a complete program for life but people like to rag on it because it's not pure strength and a different methodology. It doesn't overemphasize one quality but it does put an emphasis on joint and tendon strength.

Sorry for the ramble but I've been thinking about CC and calisthenics allot in the past few months.

Yep, I've seen a lot of people bitching about the high rep ranges of the intial steps which I dont get.
I think it's pretty clear that more reps of the easier exercise you get, better starting position you've got
for the tougher one.

I am only in 6th week and let's see where it brings me.

Last edited:
Rite of Passage Plan
  • Day 1
    • Light
  • Day 2
    • Variety
  • Day 3
    • Medium
  • Day 4
    • Variety
  • Day 5
    • Off
  • Day 6
    • Heavy
  • Day 7
    • Off
Daily Mobility
  • Joint Circles
    • Qi Gong Hip Circles
    • Spinal Waves
    • Neck nods and looks
    • Arm Circles
    • Shoulder Circles/Shrugs
    • Elbow Circles
    • Wrist Circles
    • Standing Twist
    • Hula Hoop
    • Hip Pelvic Tilts
    • Knee Circles
    • Ankle Circles
    • Amosov Squats
  • Trifecta
  • Bridging Hold
  • L-Sit Hold
  • Seated Twist Hold
  • Simple and Sinister Warm Up
    • 3 x 5 Prying Goblet Squats with Curls
    • 3 x 5 StrongFirst Hip Bridge
    • 3 x 5 Kettlebell Halo
  • Get Strong Warm Up
    • Wrist Circles
    • Toe Touch/Reach Overhead
    • Downward/Upward Dog Switch
    • Hollow Body Hold
    • Plank
  • Passive Bar Hanging
  • Crawling/Rocking
  • Rolling
  • Walking at least 10,000 steps throughout day

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom