all posts post new thread
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
  • Handstands
    • Work Sets
      • 3 x 30 sec -- Wall Handstand Hold
  • Finger Tip Pushup
    • Work Sets
      • 2 x 5 - Finger Tip Pushups
  • Hanging Work
    • Work Sets
      • 2 x 50 sec -- Two Handed Bar Hang
      • 2 x 45 sec -- Two Handed Bar Hang
  • Bridges
    • Work Sets
      • 2 x 10 -- Straight Bridge
Everything listed above are only my working sets. I do warm up and regression exercises often throughout the practice. Allot of mobility work as well. Crawling, trifecta stretches and joint circling.

• Explosive Push ups
    • Work Sets
      • 4 x 3 - 1 Clap Push-ups
  • Pushups
    • Work Sets
      • 2 x 5 - Pushup
  • Finger Tip Pushup
    • Work Sets
  • Hanging Work
    • Work Sets
  • Kip Up Work
    • 7 min -- Rolling Sit Up
  • Leg Raises
    • Work Sets
      • 2 x 5 -- Flat Straight Leg Raises
Everything listed above are only my working sets. I do warm up and regression exercises often throughout the practice. Allot of mobility work as well. Crawling, trifecta stretches and joint circling.

• Chin Ups
    • Work Sets
      • 2 x 5 -- Full Chin Ups
  • Jumping
    • Work Sets
      • 4 x 3 -- Vertical Leap
  • Squat
    • Work Sets
      • 2 x 10 -- Full Squat
  • Calves
    • Work Sets
      • 2 x 20 -- Bent Leg Calf Raise

• Handstands
    • Work Sets
      • 3 x 30 sec -- Wall Handstand Hold
  • Finger Tip Pushup
    • Work Sets
  • Hanging Work
    • Work Sets
  • Bridges
    • Work Sets
      • 3 x 10 -- Straight Bridge

• Explosive Push ups
    • Work Sets
  • Pushups
    • Work Sets
      • 2 x 8 - Push-up
  • Finger Tip Pushup
    • Work Sets
  • Hanging Work
    • Work Sets
      • 4 x 50 sec -- Two Handed Bar Hang
  • Kip Up Work
    • 7 min -- Rolling Sit Up
  • Leg Raises
    • Work Sets
      • 2 x 6 -- Flat Straight Leg Raises

• Chin Ups
    • Work Sets
      • 1 x 6 -- Full Chin Ups
      • 1 x 5
  • Jumping
    • Work Sets
      • 4 x 3 -- Vertical Leap
  • Squat
    • Work Sets
      • 1 x 12 -- Full Squat
      • 1 x 10
  • Calves
    • Work Sets
      • 3 x 20 -- Bent Leg Calf Raise

• Handstands
    • Work Sets
      • 3 x 35 sec -- Wall Handstand Hold
  • Finger Tip Pushup
    • Work Sets
  • Hanging Work
    • Work Sets
  • Bridges
    • Work Sets
      • 3 x 12 -- Straight Bridge

• Explosive Push ups
    • Work Sets
  • Pushups
    • Work Sets
      • 2 x 8 - Push-up
  • Finger Tip Pushup
    • Work Sets
  • Hanging Work
    • Work Sets
  • Kip Up Work
    • 6 min -- Rolling Sit Up
  • Leg Raises
    • Work Sets
      • 2 x 6 -- Flat Straight Leg Raises

Last edited:
Cool groove. Reading your log, your strategy is obvious, clean, and effective. Not that I pretend to be an authority. Leg raises +.
Thank you! You definitely have the body to back it up. You honestly look fantastic. It's especially impressive to me because you're working through/around injuries. That takes some serious discipline and grit.

I got all of the ideas for this program from the convict conditioning book series and the convict conditioning super faq PDF.

The biggest struggle is not hopping to some other attractive program like Simple and Sinister. It's really hard for me to not just up and quit.

Thank you! You definitely have the body to back it up. You honestly look fantastic. It's especially impressive to me because you're working through/around injuries. That takes some serious discipline and grit.

I got all of the ideas for this program from the convict conditioning book series and the convict conditioning super faq PDF.

The biggest struggle is not hopping to some other attractive program like Simple and Sinister. It's really hard for me to not just up and quit.

I'm the last person to talk to about programs, I don't use them ever. I don't think I could do S&S for any length of time - not enough variety. And am no fan of A&A either though I can see where it is a good fit for some folks.

I am much more in line with S Maxwell in terms of putting stuff together - push, pull, hinge, squat, locomotion. And then the entire range of strategies - circuits, PHA, HIT. It all has a place depending on your goals.

His 5 Pillars System is really excellent.

I haven't purchased it. I did get my KB instructor certification through him, that was a great afternoon!

His whole philosophy is extremely sound. It took me a few to actually apply it to my own training (as I understand it - SM didn't design my routine!) with any sort of methodology, but has been serving me well the last couple years.

His whole philosophy is extremely sound.
It really is. The best part is that it's time proven and Steve always shares where he went wrong in his younger years, so that we can learn. I love how he walks the walk and is out in the open for everyone to see. He's a walking example of his philosophies effectiveness. It's amazing that Steve is going on 66 and still moving extremely well. He reminds me allot of Jack Lalanne.

I find it really interesting how training philosophies evolve as one ages. It becomes allot more joint and health centric for most out of necessity and not choice. I think that's why the program minimum came back around from Pavel. It's low impact, health and joint centric.

It really is. The best part is that it's time proven and Steve always shares where he went wrong in his younger years, so that we can learn. I love how he walks the walk and is out in the open for everyone to see. He's a walking example of his philosophies effectiveness. It's amazing that Steve is going on 66 and still moving extremely well. He reminds me allot of Jack Lalanne.

I find it really interesting how training philosophies evolve as one ages. It becomes allot more joint and health centric for most out of necessity and not choice. I think that's why the program minimum came back around from Pavel. It's low impact, health and joint centric.

Yeah, I have really pay attention to how my joints are feeling - no longer capable of pounding square pegs through round holes, so stuff has to fit together and make sense as a whole.

Ironically I'm coming back around to where I started when I was a pre-teen in some respects. As I get older I want more hypertrophy to combat the trend as I age but also for metabolic reasons. I've also lost patience for training that doesn't make me stronger for what I am actually doing day to day without needing a huge surplus of strength.

I just listened to a corporate warrior podcast a few days ago, where Maxwell was saying something similar re training for hypertrophy as we age, and also leaning more toward higher intensity protocols again. Not quite Arthur Jones stuff but he did mention Dr Darden. This stuff is more intense than I train, but is nice to see how it is being applied currently. I have shed a lot of my biases and such in the last few years.

I get older I want more hypertrophy to combat the trend as I age but also for metabolic reasons.
I've heard that allot as well. Sarcopenia is just part of growing old but bodybuilding is the best way to slow it down. The five bodyweight pillars system is high intensity but infrequent. So you may only workout twice or three times a week.

Ori Hofmekler who wrote the Warrior Diet says that training should become more intense but shorter in duration as we age.

It's hard to answer the question of how strong we need to be. I think the truthful answer would be not all that strong. Just strong enough to move ourselves, the occasional heavy piece of furniture and somebody else if need be without getting hurt. So having a huge surplus of strength might even get in the way a little bit through the time and effort spent building it.

A back of iron and legs that never quit. -- Russian Officer

• Chin Ups
    • Work Sets
      • 1 x 6 -- Full Chin Ups
      • 1 x 5
  • Jumping
    • Work Sets
      • 4 x 3 -- Vertical Leap
  • Squat
    • Work Sets
      • 1 x 12 -- Full Squat
      • 1 x 10
  • Calves
    • Work Sets
      • 3 x 20 -- Bent Leg Calf Raise

Simple and Sinister
  • S&S Warm Up -- 16kg
    • Every goblet squat had a curl.
  • 5 x 10 -- 24kg TH Swing
  • 5 x 1 -- 16kg TGU
  • 3 Cycles of S&S stretches

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom