all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Adaptation time frame

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Pdiggidy

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi I do not know anything about the nervous system except for that it responds to stress by creating change in the body and that there's a limit too how much and how often this can occur. I was wondering what the time frame is.
I just started a job as a trash collector and it was really hard at first physically but I've basically adapted and it has been a month. Because of the difficulty I stopped doing any strength training or cardio I only worked occasionally on mobility.
I would like to be able to train MMA 4 or 5 times a week, do a simple strength and conditioning program (S&S to start probably), and do my job so I'm wondering how I can work up to this. From what I've read and my experience with wrestling I know that starting with two days training is best , but I'm wondering if I could possibly start the MMA training with the addition of some strength training. The strength training is secondary because the only purpose it has is making me a stronger fighter which is less effective than training fighting skills but still very important.

Is there any method to tell when you’ve adapted enough to progress? Or is it just when it feels easy
The way I am gauging my progression is:
  • when I go too fast
    • I get a batch of extra soreness to experience
    • My grip becomes very questionable
  • and if I progress too slowly
    • the rest periods compress , once with the 16kg below test time
    • there is a sensation of boredom with the bell. Which sometimes inspires a set of snatches or presses.
"When it feels easy" is a near perfect measurement, I think.

And it happens to be the case for me that the 4 week progression internal has served me well.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom