all posts post new thread

Kettlebell adding pull ups in between tgu

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

shinch

Level 5 Valued Member
I was wondering would it take away to much from the tgu to add pull up singles or doubles in between the sets of tgu singles?
tgu*1 right
tgu*1 left
Pull up * 1

Would that be too much stress on the shoulder?

In general it is good to do both a pull and a press with the same muscles, as in doing both military presses and pull-ups. That being, I wouldn't mix them in the same set. More to the point, I wouldn't mix either with a TGU.

There is nothing wrong with doing pull-ups, they're a great exercise, but I'd keep them separate. What was your original idea behind the suggestion?

My original idea was to do a
Tgu * 1 left
Tgu * 1 right
Pull up * 1
Rest ~3 min.
And repeat 5 -10 times

On the onset I'm putting it out there I'm not doing S&S .

I'm following the PM from ETK. The above is what I would do as my "work sets" on my grind day.

@shinch, should be fine - try it and let us know how it goes. Be sure you're rested before each getup.

-S-

For what it's worth. I know Jim Wendler recommends doing pullups and variation of between sets of presses. Says it helps balance out all the pushing we tend to do. Obviously don't go to failure or even close.

I've been running the fighter program alongside KB burn extreme, 10, 000 swings and now S and S. I haven't had any problems with it and pull ups are tremendous for building upper body strength. I basically do S and S as prescribed and then complete the pull ups. Word of warning, you may need to buy new shirts.

Reactions: Lew
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom