all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB ader bells vs rogue

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

crazycanuck

Level 9 Valued Member
For people that have used either, what do you prefer? I do have Aders mostly in my heavier bells 16kg and up, and like them. From what I recall I got them online in Canada from Rouge Fitness, which no longer carry them now but their own Rouge brand.

From what I can see the Rouges look pretty solid. If I were to continue to the Sinister goal for women someday I would need a 28kg between my 24 and 32, so that's the size I would be needing. It would be for swings, and I do find for hand size in 2 hand swings my Aders have adequate room, if this info matters. I would be interested in how people find the finish, handle thickness comparison at same weight, etc

Thanks,
Tina

@crazycanuck Check out Bells of Steel, with the value of our dollar, and expensive shipping/brokerage fees you may find they are a better option. I can say they are high quality bells, and awesome customer service. I wish I had heard of them sooner and bought all my bells though them.

Last edited:
I prefer my rogue, although I only have 40kg (rogue) and 48kg (ader). The rogue is a little grainier and a little grippier, in a good way.

Only have experience with my thick handle 24kg Ader and it's always been one of my favorites. That said, I've used plenty of Rogues and like the grip feel -
The rogue is a little grainier and a little grippier, in a good way.

We have one or two Ader bells - the handle-to-bell distance is slightly greater. In particular, we bought a 12 kg for my wife because she has a prominent bone (base of the ulna, pinkie side, back side - don't know what it's called ...) that the kettlebell would land on - the greater distance of the Ader bell allows her to use a 12 kg without getting bloodied.

-S-

I have very large hands and the reason I prefer ADER is the handle to bell distance that Steve pointed out. I have a hard time using the DD bells since that window is very small the whole force of the bell sits on my wrist bones in a bad way.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom