all posts post new thread

Barbell Adjustable Dumbbells - Recommendations

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
My son has moved out and is looking for dumbbells to use in his new apartment. I know nothing about adjustable dumbbells but since he's used to having a wide selection here, I thought I might look into the adjustable kind.

I'd appreciate recommendations for adjustable dumbbells. He's pretty strong and, in our basement gym, generally used between the 30 lb'ers and the 70's - we have them in 5 lb. increments but I've rarely used dumbbells.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

-S-
I used Iron Master Quick-Change (now called Quick-Lock) dumbbells for years and they were great. With their add on kit each dumbbell went up to 120lb, though each weight plate was only 2.5lbs so it made for a long dumbbell. It looks like they've changed the design a bit, mine had long screws that went into either end, the new ones look like they insert straight in and screw in only at the very end, as opposed to the whole thing being a screw. I sold them with a bunch of gear when I moved, but if I am ever in the market for dumbbells again these are what I'd buy.

Last edited:
If I'm not using a lot of weight, or turning the dumbbells to they're perpendicular to the floor, I can actually hold the <5 kg change plates on just with a 0.5 kg friction grip plate.
The wobble in the Dumblers is due to the fact that the slidelock system that Gungnir developped only locks one side of the hole in the plates, the other side has a little play. I wasn't sure if I'd find it annoying but like I mentioned I barely even notice it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom