all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Adjustable Kettlebell

Graham Barber

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi. Can anyone recommend a good and affordable adjustable kettlebell? Ideally available in the UK. Thank you!

I’ve been using the omnibell adjustable for the past year. Works very well for me, takes two minutes to change weights. Only thing is it’s competition shape, I like it but know some others don’t. Wolverson fitness do the same one but slightly higher priced

The only good ones will be completion size.
And - it is probably cheaper to get a decent fixed weight cast iron bells.

One of the biggest drawing points of Kettlebells are that they aren’t adjustable! Forcing yourself to stay at the same weight for long periods of time is a massive benefit as it forces you to really own the weight before moving up.

Buy a 24 kilo bell from StrongFirst. You COULD buy other bells in the future, but with some willpower and good planning your be in tremendous physical shape for the rest of your life with just that bell.

My 2 cents!

I have two of the ones from hardfit.eu. They cost roughly 500 euro and I gives me almost every bell from 12-32 in 2kg increasements. It saves a a lot of space and the amount of bells I would have to get to get this amount would be more costly and take up more space than the two adjustables. And my spouse can use them as well.

The downside would be that we can’t workout at the same time and I find it annoying to change the weight so I mostly stay with the same weight for a training block rather than change between exercises.

EDIT: To clarify, I payed around 500 euro for two adjustables, not 500 each.

Last edited:
A
One of the biggest drawing points of Kettlebells are that they aren’t adjustable! Forcing yourself to stay at the same weight for long periods of time is a massive benefit as it forces you to really own the weight before moving up.

Buy a 24 kilo bell from StrongFirst. You COULD buy other bells in the future, but with some willpower and good planning your be in tremendous physical shape for the rest of your life with just that bell.

My 2 cents

All of these things could be done with an adjustable as well? I have adjustables but that doesn’t mean you have to use the 1-2 increasements, it just means you have a 16-20-24-28-32kg kettlebell in the space of one if that’s how you prefer to use it. If you’re old school you have a 16-24-32 in the space of one instead

Define "affordable" ?
Wolverson fitness adjustable KB 12 to 32kg costs £274.99 (Less 10% if you sign up to their email list) but is sold out right now.

Omnibell are great quality and made in the UK too

Kettlebell Kings adjustable is available in the UK.
Mark Wildman adjustable bell too which gives you the greatest weight range but shipping to UK is silly.
The Wolverson is your best bet. Their black series bells are endorsed and recommended for UK users as SF bells remain unavailable.
There are others but with an adjustable I would stick with quality.

Omnibell are great quality and made in the UK too

Hey those are pretty sharp looking. They also have them on ebay UK if they are still sold out on the site.

I have some cheap Chinese ones and they work fine. The quality is not fantastic - the nub that is supposed to help you align the top and bottom is just a welding tack and the threads where you put the thing in the bottom are not great. But it works fine and I used it for 2 years. Will get most people through a couple of years. I lent it to some guy and I haven't heard from him in a while.

I used a pair of these for several years. In theory they are space saving and quick to adjust (no spanners etc.). I bought them as they replaced a whole set of kettlebell weights 12-26kg and could be upped also to 36kg each eventually.

Not a particularly cheap option but I found them ok for grinds and swings. I was always a bit wary of snatches with them. Once became loose but that was my fault for not checking the screw in tightener.

I would have been better off getting a single set of 16,20,24 fixed bells which I now have and prefer.

Last edited:
If you want super heavy for two hand swings, you can build yourself a T-handle with galvanized pipe and flange and attach weight plates to it. I built one of these a few years ago and was able to load my 45 lb plates on it. Slightly wider stance for swings, but it worked great.

Back
Top Bottom