all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Adjustable Kettlebells?

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

NormanOsborn

Level 5 Valued Member
Yay or Nay?

I've been considering buying one just to help me progress incrementally with Turkish Get Ups, which has always been my most difficult lift.

Thanks.

I have two of these: https://www.bellsofsteel.us/product/adjustable-kettlebell2/

I'd say absolutely yes. They're very well made and so flexible. With two I've got doubles of every size between 12 and 32kg in 1kg increments. Added to my 40kg and a 48kg I've got dozens of combinations available in only four bells. Some people don't like the competition style but they work fine for me. Plus having those little plates available has been great to strap onto other bells for even more variety.

I have two of these: https://www.bellsofsteel.us/product/adjustable-kettlebell2/

I'd say absolutely yes. They're very well made and so flexible. With two I've got doubles of every size between 12 and 32kg in 1kg increments. Added to my 40kg and a 48kg I've got dozens of combinations available in only four bells. Some people don't like the competition style but they work fine for me. Plus having those little plates available has been great to strap onto other bells for even more variety.
That's the only one I've seen that I'd even come close to trusting for ballistics. Most of them seem like they'd be ok for grinds, maybe even clean and presses, but swings or snatches? No way I'd trust most of them, these look really solid, even though I'm not a fan of the comp style bells (something in my write geometry hurts like hell when I use any comp bell lying against the forearm (rack, TGUs, etc)).

That's the only one I've seen that I'd even come close to trusting for ballistics. Most of them seem like they'd be ok for grinds, maybe even clean and presses, but swings or snatches? No way I'd trust most of them, these look really solid, even though I'm not a fan of the comp style bells (something in my write geometry hurts like hell when I use any comp bell lying against the forearm (rack, TGUs, etc)).

To be clear: I'd only be using it for TGU's. If I'm doing Swings, I want a solid Bell.

Anyone used the Bowflex Adjustable Kettlebell? I've looked for reviews, but annoyingly, most of them turn out to be adverts by Bowflex themselves. Youtube need to get their act together.:mad:

Anyone used the Bowflex Adjustable Kettlebell? I've looked for reviews, but annoyingly, most of them turn out to be adverts by Bowflex themselves. Youtube need to get their act together.:mad:

If I'm ever to snatch an adjustable bell, I would rather put my trust in one that has:

1. an ergonomic handle window and forearm contact surface
2. a simple over-specced bolt/lock design

I would need a thorough hands-on testing before I commit to buying this design. Besides, if I'm to invest in an adjustable bell, I would like it to go to at least 24K.

I think one of the following competition style adjustable kettlebells is in my future for extended trips; Kettlebell Kings, Titan or Bells of Steel.

I have a pair of the Kettlebell Kings adjustable comp bells. I suspect they are made in the same place as the others listed above. I love that comp style configuration and the adjustment feature is rock solid. I've used them to claw my way up the snatch brackets and they stay nice and solid! My only wish is they would find a way to go heavier, hahaha.

That's the only one I've seen that I'd even come close to trusting for ballistics. Most of them seem like they'd be ok for grinds, maybe even clean and presses, but swings or snatches?
This style is rock solid. There is no way it's coming apart. There is about a 1.5" nut holding the weights in place and a separate 5/8" machine screw holding the shell together. Even with a light amount of torque this thing is not coming apart! I've used them on both ballistic and overhead movements with no concerns at all!

I love the KB Kings adjustable bells, but I would gladly give my left nut for a pair of adjustable KBs ranging from 24 to 48 kg.

I even asked them about it and they answered this: Hi there, most likely not. We have looked into it and the shape of the bell makes that too difficult to accomplish without changing all the dimensions.

I'd gladly give my right one if you think that might sweeten the pot for them?
0*FNZZu0g4JP9hsKgo.gif

Any metallurgists around? I wonder if we could MacGyver a heavier solution. If those weights are cast iron, is there a metal that is significantly heavier?

I love the KB Kings adjustable bells, but I would gladly give my left nut for a pair of adjustable KBs ranging from 24 to 48 kg.

I even asked them about it and they answered this: Hi there, most likely not. We have looked into it and the shape of the bell makes that too difficult to accomplish without changing all the dimensions.
I got this from Punch kettlebell when I bought my first bell years ago. It's a 4kg bolt on weight. I had my other brands drilled/tapped by a machinist to use it on all my bells. They also had a 2kg one that I didn't get. That way a 32kg can be a 36kg and a 40kg a 44kg etc. Had I gotten the 2kg weight I would of had even more combinations. I sure hope another KB manufacturer will end up making something similar. They might sell less bells but clients would be happy about having more versatility. Most people don't have all their bells with 2kg or 4kg increments at home anyway.

IMG_0001 (4).JPGIMG_0004 (2).JPG

I got this from Punch kettlebell when I bought my first bell years ago. It's a 4kg bolt on weight. I had my other brands drilled/tapped by a machinist to use it on all my bells. They also had a 2kg one that I didn't get. That way a 32kg can be a 36kg and a 40kg a 44kg etc. Had I gotten the 2kg weight I would of had even more combinations. I sure hope another KB manufacturer will end up making something similar. They might sell less bells but clients would be happy about having more versatility. Most people don't have all their bells with 2kg or 4kg increments at home anyway.

View attachment 11809View attachment 11810
tenor.gif

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom