all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Advice on s&s progression

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Aaron

Level 4 Valued Member
Finished my getups with the 24K bell in 5:43 this morning. It is only my first week doing s&s and my form isn't the prettiest on my not as strong side.

Do you folks thing I should give it another week before trying out reps with the 70lb bell?

Thx

Yeah, and try to do them a little bit slower, too. Continue to do them continuously if that is easy for you, but slow down the transitions just a bit, or lock into each position for a brief moment at each stage. It's better to find a weak or vulnerable spot with the 24kg then discover them with the 32kg over your head.

I think form is everything with the get-up, you won't get all the benefits by cutting corners. I would certainly want to use it as an exercise to try and rebalance my strong and not-as-strong sides.

I'd stick with the 24 kg bell until I was completely happy with my form AND could hit the time.

I'd stick with the 24 kg bell until I was completely happy with my form AND could hit the time.

@Aaron adhere to @krg post. Its not so much about being able to do a certain lift but to own it with whatever bell you are using. Good luck!

Thanks all. My head knew this, but my heart wants the 32 kg. I'll take the advice, however, and own the 24 first.

Appreciate the replies.

Aaron

Finished my getups with the 24K bell in 5:43 this morning. It is only my first week doing s&s and my form isn't the prettiest on my not as strong side.

Do you folks thing I should give it another week before trying out reps with the 70lb bell?

Thx

@Aaron

Step 1: perfect technique, first and foremost. The keyword is practice. Don't rush - it is not a race. S&S standard for get-ups is 5x1 each side, perfect get-ups in 10 minutes.

Step 2: Once you reach this standard, keep practicing, until you can do it every day.

Step 3: Beautiful and relatively easy get-ups are the permission to adding one heavier "set" (i.e. 24, 32, 24, 24, 24).

Step 4: Repeat Steps 1-3 until strong. Patience, consistency.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom