all posts post new thread

Barbell Advice on women's Oly Lifting barbell

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Thanks for all the good advice and guidance on the new barbell purchase in this thread.

I've have had the Rogue Pyrros Bar for 6 weeks or so now, so just coming back a report.

To sum it up -- I'm very happy with it! It was exactly what I was looking for, and I do find the Olympic Lifts much better than when I was trying to do them with the Ohio Power Bar. Other than comparing it to that bar I can't say much about it, because the only other similar bars I've used were at the gym and VERY worn out.

Now I just need a lifting platform in my home gym, and I'll be all set. Fixing up the floor is next on the agenda.

1596076181240.png 1596076318838.png 1596076020626.png

Thanks for all the good advice and guidance on the new barbell purchase in this thread.

I've have had the Rogue Pyrros Bar for 6 weeks or so now, so just coming back a report.

To sum it up -- I'm very happy with it! It was exactly what I was looking for, and I do find the Olympic Lifts much better than when I was trying to do them with the Ohio Power Bar. Other than comparing it to that bar I can't say much about it, because the only other similar bars I've used were at the gym and VERY worn out.

Now I just need a lifting platform in my home gym, and I'll be all set. Fixing up the floor is next on the agenda.

View attachment 11005 View attachment 11006 View attachment 11003

Looking snazzy!

How did you find the knurl in terms of harshness?

Granted, if you were using a power bar already, it may have seemed mild.

My Eleiko Powerlock is aggressive enough (1 level down from their comp bar on their knurling scale) that I only use it for training the competition lifts. If I tried to use it as my general strength training bar for everything, my hands feel chewed up.

@Anna C

I finally ordered mine!

During the height of Covid last year, they were unavailable for a long time and when they were, I couldn't get the stainless sleeves.

Ordered one last week in full stainless.

It should arrive by Thursday.

@Anna C

I finally ordered mine!

During the height of Covid last year, they were unavailable for a long time and when they were, I couldn't get the stainless sleeves.

Awesome! I still love mine, and the knurl seems perfect. Haven't had any problems with my grip or with my hands.

I have some new stuff coming, too... Yesterday I ordered a set of jerk blocks from Rogue. Should arrive by Wednesday. :)

I learned years ago as a cyclist, one thing that helps break through a plateau is to buy some cool new equipment! :D:cool:

Got mine yesterday.

Really liking the bare steel feel vs plated.

Based on all the reviews, I was expecting the knurling to be sharper than it is.

It definitely spins slower, and more quietly, than the Rogue EU bar, which I can get to make noise even on an empty bar clean.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom