all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Aeropress

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Abdul-Rasheed

Level 6 Valued Member
Interesting. I am new to this make your own coffee business; started pressing my own coffee lately. I am buying light, medium roasted beans and grind them at wholefoods or wegmans. I hadn't tried darker roasts yet. I shall soon.

I have an aeropress. What granularity of grind should I be doing?

Last edited:
My personal preference is for a "cafe lungo," which is an espresso (from an espresso machine, of course) but with roughly twice the amount of water put through it. This yields something between an American coffee and an Italian espresso.

-S-

Interesting. I am new to this make your own coffee business; started pressing my own coffee lately. I buying light, medium roasted beans and grind them at wholefoods or wegmans. I hadn't tried darker roasts yet. I shall soon.

I have an aeropress. What granularity of grind should I be doing?
Espresso grind for Aeropress

Anyone go from French press to aeropress?

I've been using my French press for a while and the top just broke (but still functional), wondering if it's worth just buying another one or switching.

@MattM I have a few French Presses that I used, but they do not compare to the Aeropress for convenience and coffee quality. The Aeopress uses very inexpensive paper filters, or a steel mesh filter I have not tried. I always disliked the sediment you get from the French press, and the cleanup afterwards.

Anyone go from French press to aeropress?

I've been using my French press for a while and the top just broke (but still functional), wondering if it's worth just buying another one or switching.
I was a diehard French press and pour over guy... that is until @Geoff Chafe convinced me to go to the aeropress. I have not regretted it one bit. An aeropress is only $29.00 USD but if your French Press is still functional....

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Here, we drink espresso or French Press and haven't found we like anything other than those two. We did try the aeropress, but we drink mostly from our "super-auto" espresso machine, using coffee we roast ourselves.

-S-

+1 for AeroPress and the inverted method (I steep for about a min though and then slow press)

I used a french press for a good few years, still have a nice steel VonChef french press but since switching to an AeroPress a year ago, I've not looked back

Hello,

I enjoy the simple Italian Bialetti system, which is good for travelling and home use. I use it for years now and I do not know anything that sustainable and reliable. A italian friend of mine uses his one for 25 years now and it still works, without maintenance.

Does someone use something of this kind ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom