all posts post new thread

Barbell After Daily Dose...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MHadit

First Post
Hi everyone,
just thought I'd make a little post about my results using the DDDL program. I had to cut it short because I injured my hand at work, but I still made a PR that I'm happy with.
I started the program with 75% of my 1RM, which was 315 at the time. After the first week the weight was feeling light so I started adding paused reps - 2 or 3 per session. Then for the third and fourth weeks I pulled from 1.5" blocks to emphasize the start. By the end of the fourth week the weight felt so light, even with pauses and a slight deficit that I decided to go for a 10lbs PR. I worked up to 325lbs and it felt surprisingly easy. I'm sure I could have done 10-20lbs more, and still been quite comfortable.
I started the second month using 325 as the new 1RM. It was going quite well, and the new weight was flying off the floor after a couple weeks, but then I injured my hand at work and I had to lay off the DL for about 3 weeks. Last week and this week I've slowly gotten back into it, and everything is going well. I decided not to restart with the DDDL but instead go for the Faleev 5x5 program. I figure I could do DL 5x5 once a week, and do Zercher Squats once a week. I'm also planning to continue with the ROP C&P program but I want to ease back into it.
:)
Any thoughts or suggestions? Do you guys think Faleev 5x5 (with zerchers) is a reasonable next step, or would something like the Vodka and Pickle Juice program be a better fit?

Hello,

@MHadit
First, congrats for your PR!
I figure I could do DL 5x5 once a week, and do Zercher Squats once a week
Both of 5*5, right ?

If I remember well, 5*5 as to be done 2 or 3 times a week, for each lift you do. So, here, you would do DL only once a week, and so squats.
Maybe PTTP! would match your goal with the same kind of spirit than DDL (daily practice, a few reps of each lift).

Kind regards,

Pet'

Last year I ran the Smolov JR. Squats program but with just deads. I dropped the fourth day and trained Mon. Wed. Fri. I made decent gains but had to eat a ton.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom