all posts post new thread

Old Forum After reading two books on Paleo, my conclusions

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Big fan of 4HB Slow carb approach. Like the pig day. Even have Pig weeks once in a while. But for 99% of people if they knock off dessert, booze, and eating after dark, they do pretty well.

Getting a lot easier to be careful about food on the road.

I thimk it was Nate Miyaki (smart dude by the way) that said... "The Paleo diet is the foundation, not the entire answer".

I tend to agree. A stricter Paleo approach if wanting to lose fat and stay lean. Add starches in the form of potato, sweet potato and white rice when wanting to add muscle/strength post-workout.

I generally eat twice a day, lunch and dinner. Half my protein requirements in each meal. Most of my veg at lunch, a little at dinner with whatever starches if its a training day, more veg and no starches if its a rest day.

But I think the underlying principle is to eat whole food as much as possible and less processed food, oils, sugar etc.

In the Uk this past month there has been a huge scandal after horse meat was discovered in "beef" lasange in some major supermarket chains!! Just reinforces the point, if you eat whole food there is only one ingredient and you know what that is!!

Keep it simple, keep it smart.

Just thought I would comment that Bill's experiment with going very low carb was a success.  The point of experimenting is to discover facts, not to get results.  Bill discovered that very low carb is not for him.  Sort of how most of us have tried massive overtraining and discovered it doesn't work.

Jack,

Been a while but hearing you say "on the road" makes me think you're no longer flying any longer.  Hope things are well for you.

Mark,

i use "on the road" to depict any time i am not sleeping in my own bed for work related issues. And i still do it a lot and mainly due to flying, just fly for a company now although not all that different from my prior life. Eating on the road takes discipline, planning, and a bit if obsessiveness. Also a willingness to pass when the choices are bad!

I plan on picking your brain around here as I see you post.  Just completing my 4th year teaching/coaching and the thoughts you gave me right when you PCS'd to Texas are still used to this day.  Hope you and kids are doing well.

<a title="View Russell Peele's profile" href="http://www.strongfirst.com/forums/users/russellpeele/">Russell Peele</a> do you have any stuff on this poor mans paleo. cause i could need to safe a few bucks the next couple of months.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom