all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Al Ciampa's PT manual

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Journeyman

Level 5 Valued Member
In short: I got it, I think it's super solid. Here's my review:

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/2015/02/review-of-al-ciampas-pt-manual.html

tl, dr? You should get it, just send Al an email.

...and very efficient he is too! Thank you Al!

I haven't read it all yet but for everyone who has found Al's blog posts interesting and insightful, it is all there in an expanded and tightly wrapped package. Another addition to my growing library of Really Good Stuff that I'm sure I'll refer to frequently, as I'm just about to do now.

Marchese... no, I only take donations.  Email me: berto.ciampa@gmail.com

Pavel... thank you for the endorsement.  I think you will very much like the next edition.

Alistair... thank you too; and, you're very welcome!

Al I would be thrilled to make a donation to receive your manual. I've greatly enjoyed and benefitted from your posts especially in regards to S&S. I've also been using a running plan you outlined for a gentlemen who was wishing to complete a marathon with his daughters. I have a ten miler coming up in May (not an avid runner but doing the Broad Street run with my wife) and basically cut his year long program in half and the two runs a week (long and short starting at 15 minutes each back in December) have worked like a charm!

May I email you about the manual?

Best,

Chris

Excellent write-up, Aris.

And folks, I can say that manual is no less than life changing!  For me, anyway.  As I told Al, it was like I had always been looking at a city full of buildings and had no idea what was inside any of them or what made things work.  All of sudden, I could see everything; the infrastructure, the wires, the contents... it all made sense, and huge pieces fell into place as far as understanding physical training, what works, and what the body needs.  And it IS getting better with each edition!  :]

Chris... I'm glad that your training is going well.  Yes, email for the manual.  And, thank you for your support.

Anna... thank you for the accolades.  One driving factor in this work, for me, is the lifechanging effect that it can have on folks such as your-old-self ;]  Thanks for all of your support.

Hi @Al Ciampa,

This thread hasn't been active in a few years but I just wanted to see if it was alright to email you regarding your PT Manual?

I really appreciate clarity and insight provided by the articles on "BeWellAndStrong.com". My current goal, as short-sighted as it may seem, is to get back to the basics of health and physical training to lay a strong foundation of Strength and Aerobic fitness (ie. Check my ego and build a solid base). Based on the reviews of the Manual as well as absorbing some of your knowledge on your website, I'd be grateful for the help and would gladly donate.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom