all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Alactic + Aerobic

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
As would I.

Threads like this are great ways to piece together A+A protocols, but a manual would be still better and well worth the investment.

Thank you @Harald Motz for your attention and reply, I will carry on with this training using the advice you've given.
For some reason I am instinctually drawn to this type of training. The few months of experimenting without a monitor counting beats per 10 seconds and feeling the respiration rate feedback related to HR has been eye opening. It has a peaceful almost spiritual feel to it and recovery is very easy. These days I am more concerned with what I can recover from. Hard training is the easy part, recovery is another matter altogether.

I did today 18 repeats of one arm long cycle.. I did sets of 3-4 reps. Is there any optimal heartrates where I should aim for. Average heartrate was 114bpm. Session max was about 135bpm. I did new set when my heartrate was about 100bpm.
I’m 32 years old so my max is about 18o+bpm.
Should I aim for higher heartrates?
This felt good recharging session, but should I make these harder?
@Harald Motz @aciampa

Thanks for your responses guys. :)

EEC62500-B20C-4CF5-B80C-5523FEC300DC.jpeg

This felt good recharging session, but should I make these harder?
you could make it harder, but should you? to answer a question with a question.. This is a good starting point you have there.

If you want to dive deeper into it, do 2-4 sessions a week, going up and down in volume, evaluate how you are doing over the weeks, eventually you will find your pace, where you are able to get some amount of volume wile recovering from it. You may will not go "harder" over time, but you will be able to do considerable more work in the same time frame with comparable heart rates. Trust the process as A+A is trustworthy.

after the TSC four weeks ago I put it easy on A+A snatching and did one session a week for 5 x 20 repeats with 40k. before the event I've built up lots of volume with my snatching as I find frequent volume snatching is great for autumn to early spring as it is chillier, me and especially my hands do not sweat to much, which can be and is a tough burden for the hands in summer. So I had a kind of a taper with the snatch and was really able to snatch the 48kg for some reps. If you want to snatch a lot then snatch a lot. A+A is designed to do that.

Last edited:
Damn fine work, Sir!

Edit: and Harald, I think I've suggested this offline to you before, but when the bell gets heavy in the snatch, you can set up the first snatch of the set by doing one sorta half swing--it compresses the spring better than the hike pass.

Last edited:
20180518_164337.jpg
My shadowy summer snatch holt to enter snatch nirvana.

My second snatch session with the beast after Monday (3r x 14):
snatch 48kg - 3r x 24.PNG
snatch 48kg - 3rx24 - 32min - 112avg/129max

I never thought nor I intended to snatch the beast when I started with A+A. And now "suddenly" after 2,5 years I am digging into it. Amazing.

Overnight success!
that is what SF promises in general and Al in particular...

I am impressed by A+A in general and with the snatch in particular. A combination of volume, recovery, intensity, repeatability. I am enjoying the way of the snatch.

And @Harald Motz , you continue to be an inspiration! Keep up the outstanding work!
It works so well, no reason to screw it up or getting distracted.

This week I had my first snatch sessions with the 48kg for repeats of five. I did two sessions of 100 total reps. This is a nice round number and is nice to compare the hr profiles a few times a year. It makes me confident to accumulate some volume with it in the next weeks and months... A+A gives me seriously programming for a lifetime.

from Tuesday:
48kg - 5rx20 -.PNG
snatch 48kg - 5rx20 - 41:25min - 136avg/158max

from today:
snatch 48kg - 5repsx20.PNG
snatch 48kg - 5rx20 - 43:25min - 124avg/148max

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom