Alactic + Aerobic

Discussion in 'Kettlebell' started by Harald Motz, Sep 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. North Coast Miller

North Coast Miller More than 2500 posts

I always warm up.
    Not so sure if it is needed for safety sake, but it definitely improves my initial power output and speed of recovery.

Kiacek and Bret S. like this.
  2. Craig1971

Craig1971 Double-Digit Post Count

Hi

Wondered is anyone would care to comment on whether this is a sensible plan for a 47 year old currently doing S&S with 16kg for the getups and 24kg for the swings.

• Continue with S&S as often as time allows, probably four or five times a week, doing the swings on the minute in sets of 10
    • Run twice a week between 2 and 5 miles at a time at a low enough intensity that I can breathe through my nose
    • Maybe one other workout every week or two weeks where I push a bit harder for variety
    This is my first post but I've been spending a lot of time reading on here and I'd like to thank all of you for the great information.

fractal, DrFierce, Snowman and 2 others like this.
  3. Bret S.

Bret S. Quadruple-Digit Post Count Certified Instructor

Sounds like a great plan Craig! Simple and effective..

Craig1971 likes this.
  4. Oscar

Oscar Quadruple-Digit Post Count

@Craig1971 sounds good! Two things: the session you wish to push harder can still be a S&S session. About running, nose breathing might or might not be a good indicator. I can go up to 170 bpm nose breathing, and you should aim for 130 bpm or less.

Craig1971 likes this.
  5. Craig1971

Thanks for the replies.
    I'll dig out my heart rate monitor.

Snowman likes this.
  6. Craig1971

Good advice Ocar, thanks. Went running today and it was much easier to keep track of things with the monitor. Pulse shot up going uphill (and there's lots of hills were I live) so I ended up walking a bit.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    DrFierce and Oscar like this.