all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Aleks Salkin 30 day "Crawlidays" crawling challenge...review and link below

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

crazycanuck

Level 9 Valued Member
Folks, I have just completed SFG Aleks Salkin's 30 day holiday crawling challenge today, (ok, started pretty close to Christmas and took me 35-ish days and change). I have Strongfirst forum admin and Aleks' permission to share the link to this workout here...this is communication from Aleks today to me in the private Facebook group for this challenge ( on the afternoon of Jan 18th)....

Thank you for spreading the word like that. I technically stopped selling the Crawlidays challenge last week, BUT I'll re-open it for 48 hours (starting right now, Jan. 18th) for anyone from the StrongFirst forums who is interested (or anyone else you know who wants to try it).

Here is the link: http://bit.ly/2zK2DPb

Please let them know they can email me if they have any questions, and can look to you to know that the proof is in your great results

link to his email page:

Contact

The "Cliff's notes" version is that it is Original Strength resets to warm up, and 10 min of crawling time per day. Of course some of us would not be able to crawl 10min straight of more difficult crawls, due to strength limitations or time constraints. Options are available....you can disperse your time and accumulate throughout the day, can do this within your current program eg: supersets of barbell lifts, then 4 min crawling, do some more lifts, then cover the remaining time, or do what I did 99.9% of the time....do the 10 min all at once (dropping to easier crawl versions like baby crawling, then continuing on, or stopping my timer, resting, then restarting and accumulating 10 min....done for the day!)

There are videos for each day outlining the resets, and the crawling version plus tips, linked in the provided PDF document, plus access to a facebook group for accountability if you desire.

I am more than pleased with this program. It will start day one with basics........for reals.....crawling baby style along a wall to ensure you don't sway your hips. By the end you are doing such voodoo as crawling on your forearms with knees up, even!

I'll paste this from my training journal entry here on the forums today, which is the testimonial I provided for this program. As I said in it, I now know that crawling is not "just" crawling lol....I recall the day it took me 24 min to accumulate 10 min straight leg sideways crawling, and it was just as much a workout as my test for reaching Simple in October last year....challenging but longer. It ain't no joke folks!

Without much further ado....

"I would highly recommend this program to anyone. Crawling is not "just" crawling and I found that out quickly. Starting just from baby crawling against the wall is beneficial, even for people like myself who had some crawling experience....as the days progressed I could see how each session built on the next. The opportunity to work on crawling types that I was not familiar with built some grit and fortitude in myself and by the end I learned to love them a bit more lol! (Straight leg sideways and forearm axial with knees up, I am looking at both of you!) Exploring a wide variety of OS resets was great and I found ways to incorporate them into my 10 min of crawling, like if I needed a quick rest during some brutal days like the straight leg sideways crawling I often got into an upright rocking position and did head nods, or prone and did crocodile breathing. And there were days I did not feel like doing this and felt physically weary, like before or after work, but the resets would wake me right up and I would be ready to go and crawl. And be glad I did...definitely a recharge!

Carry over...where can I start? I did my 30 days over about a 35 day period. Prior to this I was working on the 8 week kettlebell/bodyweight challenge and on the pulls/crawls days I picked forwards leopard crawling around my basement (I mean, I knew how to crawl already, right?).....and per my workout notes, was really only able to do 20-30 sec stints at a time, 40 with a lot of effort and gnashing of teeth! That I can now do these much much harder versions of crawling for over a minute at a time, and crawl in a continuous 10 min flow of crawling types in my 30th day challenge test astounds me. My shoulders, back, and abs feel rock solid, I can tell there is carry over to my everyday movements, as well as I can tell the difference in some of my kettlebell practice like getups."

DISCLAIMER>>>> you pay for this...19.97US dollars. I AM NOT an affiliate or benefit money wise in any way by posting all this here, but just someone blown away by this program, and want to share this with you.

Enjoy, if you dare!

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom