all posts post new thread

Always Be Smashing

WhatWouldHulkDo

Level 7 Valued Member
Been a bit of a rough week for training. On Wednesday I had my remaining wisdom teeth yanked out of my head, so I was kind of out of it for most of the day thanks to anesthesia. Thursday I was still feeling sore from the teeth pulling, so I was in no mood to train early in the day... and lost the evening to a baseball game. Friday, after yet more dental work early in the morning (getting old sucks), I spent the afternoon/evening watching my daughter's softball team. And Saturday, after 1.5 hours of practice with the baseball team in the morning, I spent the rest of the day on a demolition project - smashing stuff with a sledgehammer and hauling wood scrap to a dumpster. Fun, but I was in no mood to lift anything else after 6 hours of that... it was like getting a taste of having a physically-demanding job.

Got back on the horse on Sunday.

6/19 09:00

55min treadmill run/walk 4.1m
FSPM + front splits

Happy belated dad's day to all my follow strong dads.

WhatWouldHulkDo

Level 7 Valued Member
Another tough week for training. With softball/baseball season in full swing my family time commitments are way up, and a few fires at work mean its hard to bug out early to go train. With school out, my mornings are more open, so I have at least been getting in the low-intensity treadmill work in the morning - feel like I'm at least not devolving into complete couch potato mode.

6/20 07:00

30min treadmill run/walk 2.3m
Tac frog, pumps + QL straddle

6/21 07:00

35min treadmill run/walk 2.6m

6/22 07:00

30min treadmill run/walk 2.1m
Foam rolling, bretzels + forward fold

No volleyball Wednesday evening, so finally had a chance to hit the weights.

06/22 17:15

WGS sequence
DL 285x5, 325x5, 370#x8
OP 100x5, 115x5, 130#x8
Ab wheel sequence x3
Circuit x3
- Push-ups x13
- GSQT x10 28
- Scap pull-ups x10
- BB row x10 85#
Chop wood carry water x5
- Now with SholdeRok (TM)! New toy I got for Father's Day.

06/23 07:00

50min treadmill run/walk 3.6m
FSPM + front splits

Bret S.

Level 8 Valued Member
Now with SholdeRok (TM)! New toy I got for Father's Day.
Enjoy!
Mace is humbling, especially in the beginning.
Ha ha... I tried to put on a 10# plate at first, swung it once, and immediately put it down and changed it to 5# ROFL You have much to learn, grasshopper...
It's a funny beast, you get stronger in the movement quickly once technique is dialed in. Elbows will let you know if technique is off or load is too much. Still, there are many body adaptations that take awhile.. definitely a worthwhile endeavor IMHO.

Are you doing 360's to start?

WhatWouldHulkDo

Level 7 Valued Member
6/27 21:00

WGS sequence
DL 305x3, 350x3, 390#x6
OP 105x3, 120x3, 135#x6
Circuit x3
- Push-ups x13
- GSQT x10 28
- Scap pull-ups x10
- BB rows x10 85#
Chop wood carry water x5

Forgot to do the ab wheel! I was pretty dang tired anyway. Earlier in the day we had our first baseball loss of the season, to a very talented team.

Top Bottom