all posts post new thread

Always Be Smashing

9/6 08:30

Fortitude 10k
10k outdoor jog 77min
- Ave HR 141, max 181

Another real live actual race, with around 1000 people I figure. Took it pretty slow, since I haven't run that far in a while. HR started reasonably flat up to the last mile, when I dialed up the pace a bit. Good stuff, but definitely need some rest now.
Very good! Any fallout from DL's on Fri?

Very good! Any fallout from DL's on Fri?
Nothing obtrusive - wasn't in any sort of pain, but from the couple of short runs that followed I could tell there was some lingering fatigue. I felt pretty fresh by Monday.

Something that is kind of interesting, though - pretty much without fail, if I run more than about 5 miles or so in a given day, my body demands a nap later on. Sure enough, on Monday at about 4 PM I crashed on the couch for about an hour. It's funny that lifting doesn't have that effect on me - just running.

Nothing obtrusive - wasn't in any sort of pain, but from the couple of short runs that followed I could tell there was some lingering fatigue. I felt pretty fresh by Monday.

Something that is kind of interesting, though - pretty much without fail, if I run more than about 5 miles or so in a given day, my body demands a nap later on. Sure enough, on Monday at about 4 PM I crashed on the couch for about an hour. It's funny that lifting doesn't have that effect on me - just running.
Naps are good… ergo running is good…:cool:

Running kicks yo azz, thousands of consecutive jumps is really what it is. Running is, in my opinion, one of the best strength builders.

This fall is our first foray into semi-competitive baseball with my son's team. I figured we'd get our teeth kicked in for a while... Sunday was our first games, and hoo boy, that first beating was vicious. Might have been harder on me as coach than it was for most of the boys. On the plus side, my son pitched great, he was fun to watch. But 4 hours of baseball just doesn't leave any energy for training.

9/13 07:30

Samurai getups x10
Belly getups x10
32min treadmill run/walk 2.4m
Foam rolling, bretzels + forward fold

9/13 21:30

KB snatch 10x5 32,36x2,32x2
OP 110#x5, 125#x3, 140#x4
Pull-ups 6,5,4,3,3
Grip work
Hangboard

25 grams of vit c per day? are you sleeping at all after such a dose?
Yes, like a baby. Vitamin C is a wonderful substance that does great things for the body, I use it mostly for keeping down inflammation and keeping illness away.

This fall is our first foray into semi-competitive baseball with my son's team. I figured we'd get our teeth kicked in for a while... Sunday was our first games, and hoo boy, that first beating was vicious. Might have been harder on me as coach than it was for most of the boys. On the plus side, my son pitched great, he was fun to watch. But 4 hours of baseball just doesn't leave any energy for training.
I remember one year where we took the kids batting practice to another level by drilling staying close to the plate and choking up on the bat. The kids got real good at low and inside contact through the drills. We ended up scoring lots of runs.. which makes up for lots of sloppy fielding :). I think the thing that bugged me most coaching was kids chasing throws around the bases, kids throwing the ball with zero chance of getting the runner.. We only lost one game that year.

Back
Top Bottom