all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Amazing Stories of Strength!

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

hugh

Level 4 Valued Member
Everyone's heard of strength feats from yesteryear that boarder on mythical e.g. the great gada lifting a 1200kg stone, etc...

I want to know if YOU or someone close to you has a story of displaying impressive strength.

Dan John said in his podcast that he lifted a sorority girls car out of a ditch in College, things like this I guess.

EDIT: A mature, scrawny family friend in Australia hired a couple of young guys to dig up and remove a tree stump in his yard. they dug it up but they said it couldnt be lifted into the back of the truck, that it'd need to be chopped up into pieces. He argued with the young men until he stormed over, lifted the stump and dropped on the truck bed. IDK how heavy it was, but the car's suspension was visibly tested.

Last edited:
I once laboured for 2 real estate guys. They employed two Iranians. Jamshee and Mahmoud. They both smoked and drank like fish and Jamshee would eat MacDonalds during Ramadan proclaiming “we Shia do no wail and fast”. Anyway I watched this dude Zercher lift a 300lbs lintel walk up a ladder with it and put it in the wall himself without help. He had a cigarette hanging from his lip while he did it. Guy was about 5’7” and not particularly built but was broad across the shoulders. Edit. Mahmoud wasn’t very strong but he was hard as nails. One time we had to knock down a plywood wall some genius had covered in tiles. The wood was taking the impact but eventually we started destroying it. I hit it and this piece of wood with what I can only call a scythe shaped piece of tile swung down and hit the inside of his thigh. It sliced through his jeans and opened his leg to the point I could see layers of fat and muscle. He refused to go to the hospital and I was sent to get disinfectant and something to pack it with. This happened about 20 minutes into a 12 hour day and he duly packed it and kept on working all day. If that tile had hit his midsection it would’ve disembowelled him.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom