Off-Topic An idea for a new forum

Kozushi

Level 7 Valued Member
I wonder if it might be a good idea to start a new forum specifically for combat-sports and weight training. Pavel seems to make a lot of references to martial arts in his published books and articles. This might be a topic specialized enough but touching on all modes of weight training (kettlebell, barbell, bodyweight) that it might be helpful for it to have its own forum... don't know...

Harry King

Level 2 Valued Member
Not a bad idea, this might be popular here considering there are lots of martial artists involved with Strong First. Have you seen Jon Engum’s book: Trembling Shock: Strength & Conditioning Guide for Martial Athletes & Coaches (Volume 1)?

Xene

Level 5 Valued Member
Not a bad idea, this might be popular here considering there are lots of martial artists involved with Strong First. Have you seen Jon Engum’s book: Trembling Shock: Strength & Conditioning Guide for Martial Athletes & Coaches (Volume 1)?

Can you tell us something about this book? Sounds amazing!

Harry King

Level 2 Valued Member
Can you tell us something about this book? Sounds amazing!
Haha unfortunately not! I came across it via his book Fexible Steel, and in Mr Engum’s episode of the SF podcast. I have not read it, but I think it outlines his KB programming for martial artists.

WhatWouldHulkDo

Level 7 Valued Member
I read Trembling Shock. I enjoyed the read, but my opinion is that it was more conceptual than outlining a true program. Talks a bit about rotating PTTP with S&S. There were some interesting conditioning drills.

Top Bottom