all posts post new thread

Off-Topic An idea for a new forum

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kozushi

Level 7 Valued Member
I wonder if it might be a good idea to start a new forum specifically for combat-sports and weight training. Pavel seems to make a lot of references to martial arts in his published books and articles. This might be a topic specialized enough but touching on all modes of weight training (kettlebell, barbell, bodyweight) that it might be helpful for it to have its own forum... don't know...

Not a bad idea, this might be popular here considering there are lots of martial artists involved with Strong First. Have you seen Jon Engum’s book: Trembling Shock: Strength & Conditioning Guide for Martial Athletes & Coaches (Volume 1)?

Not a bad idea, this might be popular here considering there are lots of martial artists involved with Strong First. Have you seen Jon Engum’s book: Trembling Shock: Strength & Conditioning Guide for Martial Athletes & Coaches (Volume 1)?

Can you tell us something about this book? Sounds amazing!

Can you tell us something about this book? Sounds amazing!
Haha unfortunately not! I came across it via his book Fexible Steel, and in Mr Engum’s episode of the SF podcast. I have not read it, but I think it outlines his KB programming for martial artists.

I read Trembling Shock. I enjoyed the read, but my opinion is that it was more conceptual than outlining a true program. Talks a bit about rotating PTTP with S&S. There were some interesting conditioning drills.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom