all posts post new thread

Nutrition Anabolic Diet

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

pet'

Level 8 Valued Member
Hello,

Here are links with explanation of the "Anabolic Diet", from Dr Mauro Di Pasquale
Anabolic Diet 101: The Definite Anabolic Diet Guide | StrongLifts

Even if it can be difficult to set up, it seems it work pretty well. I never tried myself (I am more on paleo habits with 16/8 IF frame). However, maybe it can interest some people who want an alternative to a purely low carb diet or keto diet.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Thank you for link @pet', my diet looks similar to this but it has more carbs during the week and more protein during the weekend. I will try it for a few weeks and see how I feel. I hope that it will play well with IF.

Hello,

I tend to eat fruits in the morning, during my breakfast. Generally I eat 3 fruits (banana, lemon and another one which varies more). Otherwise, all carbs come from veggies. I took most of my proteins in the morning too, because this is my biggest meal. During my evening meal, most of the time, I only eat veggies, and sometimes a little goat cheese.

I think anabolic diet can play well with IF ;)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Also look up Anabolic Fasting. I believe it's Cory Gregorys diet.

One thing about the Anabolic diet is Mauro says it's not recommended for sports like rugby and mma, which would be most of us. To combat this he says a mid week carb up is advisable, but not optimal to the diet itself.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom