all posts post new thread

And We Were Swingin'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Walking, 3.2 miles.
Slow-grind, kettlebell-free session painting my daughter's bedroom, 4 hours.
Swings, 16 kg, 1H, 10x10.

Last edited:
Walking, 2.0 miles.
S&S warmups, 16 kg.
Swings, 24 kg, 1H, 10x5.
Get-ups, 16 kg, 10x1.

Gonna try fewer reps per set with my swings, to see if my traps complain less over that amount than with 10 per set.

Last edited:
Walking, 3.2 miles.
Military presses, 24 kg, 2-3-5-10 ladder.
Martial arts, 45 minutes.

Last edited:
Walking, 2.0 miles.
Martial arts, 45 minutes.
S&S warmups, 16 kg.
Swings, 24 kg, 1H, 10x6.

Last edited:
Hi Brett, so how are those traps doing? It sucks when these things get in the way... I had to dial back due to a patellar tendonosis. I'm now doing a recovery routine and slowly building up volume again

Hi Brett, so how are those traps doing? It sucks when these things get in the way... I had to dial back due to a patellar tendonosis. I'm now doing a recovery routine and slowly building up volume again
I'm making slow progress every day, I think. I'm doing stretches to reduce the rounded shoulders that I've developed from working in front of a computer every day. When the pain is gone, I'll start over again with S&S, doing perhaps 5x2 swings and shoeless get-ups and not increasing weight or reps unless my traps are okay with it.

Thanks for asking.

Last edited:
I'll start over again with S&S, doing perhaps 5x2 swings and shoeless get-ups and not increasing weight or reps unless my traps are okay with it.

This makes a lot of sense to me... I had to start doing only 4 sets with 14 Kg. .. it was difficult to regress so much but now I'm happy I did. Maybe 2HS are more friendly on the traps than 1HS?

Maybe 2HS are more friendly on the traps than 1HS?
I've thought about staying with 2H swings. I'm just puzzled, though, because I haven't had problems with swing or get-ups, just pain between my traps. I'm a beginner to strength training; maybe I just didn't recognize the signs that I needed to slow down even more.

Massage and the various forms of self massage (massage stick, massage balls, etc.) will help a lot. My traps gave me trouble for a long time, but it has finally eased up. I'm not sure if there was more prevention I should have done along the way, but the massage therapy definitely helped. Also, dry needling, if you can find a practitioner that does this, is like magic.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom