all posts post new thread

And We Were Swingin'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Walk, 4.0 miles.

I'm going to take some time off from kettlebells to see if the pain between my spine and left scapula will get better. Probably will concentrate on walking, stretching, and martial arts katas.

Walk, 1.5 miles.

On Thursday of last week, my left knee joint started feeling "loose," as if I had stretched the ligaments. I think I over-strained my knee ligaments while kneeling for several minutes in an attempt to increase the plantar flexion of my ankles. My knee doesn't hurt, I just feel and hear things moving around where I never did before. I've curtailed my activities significantly and will have a doctor look at my knee.

Last edited:
Swings, 16 kg, 1H, 6x10.
Military presses, 24 kg, 2-3-5-10 ladder.
Swimming, 20 minutes.

Light training today, just to keep in touch with the movements while my knee heals.

Last edited:
Swings, 24 kg, 1H, 10x5.
Military presses, 24 kg, (2-3-5-10)x2 ladders.

Easing back into it.

Last edited:
Military presses, 24 kg, (2-3-5-10)x2 ladders.
Swings, 24 kg, 1H, 10x7.
TGUs, (0,12,24 kg), 2x1 each weight, with knee pads and a padded mat!

Last edited:
Walking, 2.0 miles.

My traps and/or rhomboids are perpetually sore. I don't know if high-volume military presses did this, or something else. I'm taking time off to rest those, in addition to my knee. Not sure why I keep dealing with muscle and connective-tissue injuries so much. Such is the fun of growing older, I guess. :eek:

Last edited:
Martial arts, 45 minutes.
Swings, 16 kg, 1H, 10x10.
Get-ups, 16 kg, 10x1.
Swimming, 20 minutes.

Last edited:
S&S warmups, 24 kg.
Swings, 16 kg, 1H, 10x10.
Get-ups, 16 kg, 10x1.

I used to skip the S&S warm-ups sometimes, but now it seems like they're more beneficial than I thought, so I'm going to try to do them on a regular basis.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom