all posts post new thread

And We Were Swingin'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Swings, 24 kg, 1H, 10x10, on 55 sec.
Get-ups, (12,16,16,16,12 kg), 10x1.
MP, 24 kg, (1-5).
C&P, 24 kg, 2x5.
Carries, 24 kg, rack and suitcase.
Walking through a park and taking time to stop and smell the roses, 1.0 miles.

Last edited:
No S&S the past couple days, because I spent about six hours each day assembling a porch swing in 100° temperatures.

I did manage about ten 32-kg presses, singles and doubles, GtG style, during the afternoon today.

I'd like to ask, how do you like higher rep (>5) presses? I am guessing you are strong enough for pressing 32kg bell.

I'd like to ask, how do you like higher rep (>5) presses? I am guessing you are strong enough for pressing 32kg bell.
I am able to do 1 or 2 presses with 32 kg, but just barely. There as still some days when I can't do a strict military press, if I've exercised or slept poorly the day before. I think the 24-kg ladders help make the 32-kg presses possible.

Swings, 24 kg, 1H, 10x10.
Get-ups, 16 kg, 10x1.

First time I've done ten 16-kg get-ups since I developed strained or inflamed muscles in my upper back last summer.

The heavier (for me) get-up weights were facilitated by the fact that I was doing S&S in a city park. I took longer rests between get-ups while waiting to muake sure no one was watching!

Last edited:
Two days ago I performed ten 16-kg get-ups for the first time in almost a year (due to a knee injury).

Last night I decided to try a single 24-kg get-up. While it was challenging, I did it without undue difficulty. So tonight I decided to experiment with 24-kg get-ups in my S&S training. It was a struggle at times and I needed long rests, but I succeeded! Big personal milestone.

Last edited:
Swings, 32 kg, 2H, 10x10.
Get-ups, 24 kg, 10x1.
Rucking, 1.0 miles.

Heavy, 2H swings.

Last edited:
Apparently, rucking long distances (for me, above 1 to 1.5 miles) too often makes my lower legs chronically sore. I will cut back to no more than twice a week, a mile at a time, to see how I fare.

Last edited:
Well done sir! Two personal milestones met within two weeks is impressive. Keep up the good, strong work!

Two days ago I performed ten 16-kg get-ups for the first time in almost a year (due to a knee injury).

Last night I decided to try a single 24-kg get-up. While it was challenging, I did it without undue difficulty. So tonight I decided to experiment with 24-kg get-ups in my S&S training. It was a struggle at times and I needed long rests, but I succeeded! Big personal milestone.

Tonight was the first time I've been able to do two presses in a row with my left arm. Feels nice.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom