all posts post new thread

And We Were Swingin'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Get-ups, 24 kg, 10x1.

I took a week off because I was feeling perpetually sore in my knees, forearms, and shoulders. Get-ups were a little wobbly today.

Swings, 24 kg, 1H, 10x10.

Taking time off to let some chronic soreness in my left arm and shoulder heal. I seem to get chronic soreness frequently when I exercise.

After a long break, I finally got back to kettlebells in May.

Last summer my knees were chronically sore. I stopped all strength and cardio work and waited for them to heal. It took over nine months for me to feel comfortable enough to begin doing a few swings.

I've slowly eased back into swings and get-ups, but not every day. I've also learned that stretching my calves and hamstrings (and everything else) is really important for my knees. The ligaments and tendons in my knees, ankles, and feet are very tight from several years of martial arts (and even more years of being alive), and stretching makes my lower limbs almost pain-free most of the time. Stretching also helps keep my plantar fasciitis at bay.

The only difficulty I have is kneeling during a getup. I'm experimenting with ways to get around that, but for the near time I try not to do getups on consecutive days.

Nice to be back doing swings and getups. I've missed them.

Last edited:
Get-ups, 0-12-0-0-12 kg, each side.

I got back into S&S in May after very long break due to tendonitis in my knees. I've been going very light with the get-ups, weightless for a month before gradually adding the lightest bell I have for a few sets

Get-ups, 0-12-12-12-12 kg, each side.

Swings are suddenly starting to feel stronger.

Still tired this morning from helping my daughter move into her apartment on Saturday, so I'm giving myself a deload day:

Swings, 16 kg, 1H, 10x10.
Get-ups, 0 kg, 10x1.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom