all posts post new thread

Andrew's Training Log

Today’s Practice: IPM

•movement prep: 3 rounds x 16kg
snatch (high volume): 4, 4, 6, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, OTM; all with 24kg (100 total reps)
bent press (low volume): 2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2; all with 24kg (34 total reps)

I’ve taken some time to try and find a balance between training and jiu jitsu. I think I’ve found it with the Q&D program. I’ve been using it for 2 weeks now, and my recovery seems to be good.

Today’s Practice: Test (Swings & Pushups)

one arm swings - left: 20 reps in 30 sec with 36kg; 21 reps in 30 sec with 32kg
one arm swings - right: 20 reps in 30 sec with 36kg; 21 reps in 30 sec with 32kg
pushups: 30 reps in 23 sec
two arm swings: 21 reps in 30 sec with 40kg; 22 reps in 30 sec with 36kg

Weights moving forward:

-one arm swings: S = 32kg; S+ = 40kg; S- = 24kg
-pushups: P = hands stay on ground; P+ = hands come off ground
-two arm swings: S = 36kg; S+ = 44kg; S- = 28kg
-snatch (not tested today): Sn = 24kg; Sn+ = 32kg; Sn- = 16kg

Today’s Practice: Pry Your Way Into Side Splits

•squats, cossacks, tactical frogs, kneeling hip flexor stretches, isometric seated straddle, split switches, waiting out the tension seated straddle, and my first attempt at road kill splits
Hi.
One of my goals is to be able to achieve side splits and a pancake stretch. Do I understand correctly that this sequences of exercises is what you're doing regularly to achieve similar goals? If so, where did you learn about this approach? Can you point me anything to read in more detail to learn this?

I've been training bjj consistently now for 6 months. My body needed some time to adjust to this new stimulus, and my strength and conditioning training has been inconsistent in that time. Physically, both on and off the mats, I still feel very strong. However, it's time to be more consistent with my S&C training, which is why I'm back to the log.

Today's Training: Medium Day
  • Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 reps with 40kg
  • One Arm Swings: 5 reps OTM for 15 minutes with 40kg (75 total swings)
This afternoon will consist of a lot of easy stretching!

I've been training bjj consistently now for 6 months. My body needed some time to adjust to this new stimulus, and my strength and conditioning training has been inconsistent in that time. Physically, both on and off the mats, I still feel very strong. However, it's time to be more consistent with my S&C training, which is why I'm back to the log.

Today's Training: Medium Day
  • Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5 reps with 40kg
  • One Arm Swings: 5 reps OTM for 15 minutes with 40kg (75 total swings)
This afternoon will consist of a lot of easy stretching!
I recently started back to BJJ and had the same issues. I switched to a 2-3 day a week Q&D program so I could still get my S&C in while enjoyng getting my a$$ kicked a few days a week as well.

I recently started back to BJJ and had the same issues. I switched to a 2-3 day a week Q&D program so I could still get my S&C in while enjoyng getting my a$$ kicked a few days a week as well.
Yeah I’m still figuring out my training off the mats. The important thing is that we never stop trying.

Yesterday’s Practice: 4 rounds slow circuit

•clean & press x 3 reps: 24, 24, 24, 28
•get up x 1 rep: 32, 32, 32, 40
•double front squat x 5 reps: 16, 16, 16
•pistol squat x 5 reps: BW

*1.5 min rest between exercises, 3 min rest between rounds*

Then an hour bjj in the gi, followed by an hour no gi.

Today’s Practice: 3 rounds slow circuit

two arm swings x 10 reps: 32, 32, 40
bent press x 3 reps: 24, 24, 24
bottoms-up cleans x 3 reps: 24, 24, 24
*1.5 min rest between exercises, 3 min between rounds*

Then 1 hour of bjj in the gi, followed by 1 hour of mma.

I’m going to start posting again today to promote adherence to one program at a time. Today I started the Swing + Press program.

Today’s practice: Heavy Day

•movement prep: 3x3 prying goblet squats, 3x3 half get ups
•2x(2,4,6) military press x 28kg
•13x10 two arm swings x 40kg
•finished the practice in 33:30 minutes

Today’s Practice: Swing + Press Sandwich—Part I (Heavy Day)

•movement prep
•3x(2,6) military press x 28kg
•13x10 two arm swings x 40kg
•finished the practice in 38:30 minutes

I trained today because I wanted to be on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday lifting schedule.

Back
Top Bottom