all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Android heart rate monitor application recommendation

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Phil12

Level 8 Valued Member
Can anyone recommend an Android HRM app that allows me to track heart rate zones? Like, all I want to do is to be able to set a zone for a particular session and get some audio alerts if I go outside the zone. Seems like every app has maximal features for everything except this particular use case...

Yeah I stupidly sold my garmin watch + strap combo which did that in hopes of reducing the amount of devices. Didn't realize the app selection would be of such poor quality

Can anyone recommend an Android HRM app that allows me to track heart rate zones? Like, all I want to do is to be able to set a zone for a particular session and get some audio alerts if I go outside the zone. Seems like every app has maximal features for everything except this particular use case...

Try using the app BLE Heart Rate Monitor. It allows you to set zones and will alert when your out of it. I also use a polar h7 chest strap and haven't had any issues connecting it.

I used SGT (sports gear tracker) with my H7 until l bought a garmin fenix 3 hr with chest strap. It worked fine for my needs, mostly MAF running. Had an alarm for high and low side.

Have you looked at this thread?
hrm with alarms

It talks about the polar app, which is android or iOS.

@Phil12, I only recently started using a HRM - I got it because I'm doing some pretty heavy rucking and I'm finding the data very useful. I have Polar's H10, and I've called their tech support 2 or 3 times and found them to answer the phone quickly and be very helpful. You might try that. If you're exercising in one place or otherwise don't mind having your phone with you, the app that comes free from them has been everything I've needed so far. And they've told me that there are a lot of other apps that work with their HRM's.

I believe - I'm getting over my head technically here - that my H10 communicates with my phone via Bluetooth, and the H7 communicates only using a proprietary Polar protocol, so you might find the H10 a worthwhile upgrade in terms of it opening up your options for what to use on the other end.

FWIW, I haven't been using alerts, but rather just noticing what happens when I do the same course with the same weight. I'm looking for my average and peak HR's to get a little lower each time as an indicator of progress, and so far, so good - that's what been happening for me.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom