all posts post new thread

Barbell Another Bench Press versus Floor Press versus Weighted Dips Thread

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

when I do weighted dips, bars are shoulder width. For the screening, I progressively increase weight (10%, 20%, 30% 40%, 50%, beyond, it is by 5% step to be sure) and below me I use a small stair in case I have to "give up" during the move.

Kind regards,

Pet'

@Benedictine Monk I also floor press from a power rack for the heaviest weight. Pullover and press is a good variation but I am limited by what I can pullover, then I have to hip thrust the bar into position. You could also press from glute bridge.

Speaking of dips...

I do them a few times a week and do not have any shoulder issues and I feel my form is good on them but if anyone has a good video or tutorial that may make my DIPS better I would love to know about it. Thanks!

EDIT:

Found this and it is pretty much how I am doing them (hollow position- 90 degree)

Dips: You're Doing Them Wrong | T Nation

Last edited:
For dips I prefer the bars be a touch wider than my shoulders. I don't do floor press.

For benching, incline bench always gave me more bang for the buck than flat.

I currently do not do either, dips at the bottom of the movement are not nice on my degenerative cervical disk.

Hello,

@Benedictine Monk
If you are not close to bodyweight, Headstand Push Ups, with a full range of motion may be worth considering. They are more challenging than they look. Contrary to dips, they are safe. Heavy presses may also be an option. Nevertheless, it is out of the thread.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom