all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Another request for input on form

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ClintRW

Level 1 Valued Member
I swung with a heavier weight today and here’s the result. Also, my back isn’t mad at me. Prior to swinging I did a few sets of deadlifts while making deliberate effort to keep from over extending my lower back. I’m not sure if I’m doing it right or what I can do to improve but no achey back is welcomed. It is fatigued however. No pain though

Looks good with the heavier weight.

Glad to hear your back feels better!

Basically good again -- I notice two things you could improve (BTW, there's ALWAYS something to improve, every single session... that's why we call it a practice):
  1. You have some rebound in your knees -- watch at .25 speed and you can see a little bounce when you extend them. Try to extend, hold tight, pull up the kneecaps (tight quads) in the plank, so the knee joint doesn't take the impact and you've got a good tight plank position.
  2. Your knee extension precedes your hip extension just a bit. Try to make this happen together. "Everything must arrive at once," as Pavel quotes Mary Gallagher in S&S, page 25.
And in general, you could be tighter. Try for maximum tension!! You can dial it back later, after a few thousand swings. ;)

Nice work.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom