all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Anti-Aging: Q&D, IF, what else?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I am a member and used to be active in a meditation-organization. It was full of quite high-achieving people like professors, business leaders, some artists, lawyers etc etc. They lead quite stressful lives, they did not train particularly much and they really enjoyed food, still they all looked twenty years younger than their cronological age. So what was their secret ?

1) a lot of meditation. 1 hour pr. day + retreats 1-2 times pr year.
2) No alcohol.
3) No meat.

Their type of meditation were a form of non-religious type of transcendental meditation.

Longevity is a word that has different meanings I think. It could mean that you live a long life. Or it can mean that your keep your youth for a long time. Or both.

So some points:

1) Looks (the face): meditation, lack of alcohol or little alcohol. I am not sure with moisture cream. Quality sleep.

2) Movement. I think people who are above 60 and are able to do TGU, windmills and even more bent press in an elegant way are young movement wise.

3) Young spirit: getting kids who will challenge you. Going to a confrontative therapy (ISTDP, EFT, Affect phobia). Daily meditation. Loving what you do for a work. Being humble.

4) Not dying: avoiding too much protein and red meat. Red meat and salt seem to be something that people are eating too much of according to a lot of mainstream science. Having friends, meaningful relationships with friends where you dare to be vulnerable. I think lack of friends are generally found to correlate to early death more than even smoking (Based on some huge Harvard study if I remember correctly).

5) Looks: (Body). Agility from complex exercises like TGU and the like. Muscle mas from deadlifts and squats.

I have known people who can squat over 300 kilo and bench press 220 kilo. They have a lot of muscle mas, but they are not at all walking in a youth like manner. And I think Warren Buffet although never having worked-out in his entire life, seem to have a youthful spirit. He is humble and loves his work.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom