all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Anti-glycolytic training in a fasted state, references and resources.

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Girevik67

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello all. My question regards anti-glycolytic training in a fasted state, would someone kindly point me to resources or share experiences on the topic. I currently practice O.M.A.D and follow the carnivore diet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

My question regards anti-glycolytic training in a fasted state, would someone kindly point me to resources or share experiences on the topic. I currently practice O.M.A.D and follow the carnivore diet. Any help would be appreciated.
Anti-Glycolytic/Phosphagen Energy System Training

As you know, this training revolves around training in the Phosphagen Energy System.

Repetition are lower, performed in around 15 seconds or less.

Rest Period between Sets of 3 minutes or longer; Custer Set being the exception.

Training in the Phosphagen Energy System is effective for indivldual on a Low Carbohydrate Diet, like the Ketogenic Diet or on the Standard High Carbohydrate American Diet.

I have been on the Ketogenic Diet for around 6 year.

A Comprehensive Guide to Bodybuilding on the Ketogenic Diet | Ruled Me

This is a good article that goest into the Training Protocol to use on a Ketogenic (Low Carb) Diet. This applies to your Carnivor/OMAD Plan.

Traditional Bodybuilding/Hypertrophy Training

Traditional Bodybuilding/Hypertrophy Training involves more repetition and short rest periods.

This method increases muscle size at the expense of Power and Strength.

Functional Hypertrophy Training

Research by Dr Jonathan Oliver determined that Cluster Hypertrophy Set Training is an effective method for increaasing muscle size along with increasing Power and Strength.

Thus, individual were as stong as they looked; which isn't the case for individual who solely perform Traditional Bodybuilding/Hypertrophy Training.

The Interesting Caveat

Cluster Hypertrophy Set Trainng is effective for individuals on a Low Carbohydrate Diet.

Training is maintained in the optial area for individuals on a Low Carbohydrate Diet; the Phosphagen Energy System.

There are some additional caveats for training on a Low Carbohydrate Diet.

This information is the "Cliff Notes" on it.

Easy to moderate intensity is fine.
Hard, high intensity will clip power and speed output.
A light feed of carb for high intensity or where you want speed and power. Or performance.

Q&D page 88....

For power, train Q&D in early evening, but not close to bedtime.

For health and endurance, train Q&D fasted in the morning.

That's for Q&D.

What is implied by 'health'? Is this a proxy for intensity?
I dunno. The implication being too much of a burn? That's how I interpret that, rightly or wrongly. I dunno if it means something else.

So, rightly or wrongly, I judge intensity, for me and what I do.

I can do anything fasted, anyone can, but speed and power will be reduced, depending on what it is you do, if that is even a concern. Anything below 80%, I'd say, for me anyway, is doable. But the point also why fasted?

I've just edited a very long post with my rationale but it comes down to if you want or need to train at your maximum or near to it. More important than fasting or otherwise is frequency and recovery.

So, to train fasted or to train (somewhat) fed (not pizza, ice cream and a couple of beers).....

The correct answer is to train.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom