all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Anti Rotation in 1h Swing

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Ap0c

Level 5 Valued Member
Do any of you have queues for anti-rotation during the negative portion of the 1h-swing that you like? It always feels kinda poopy in the t-spine with the 24kg. Enough to not want to do it. Feels fine with the 16kg. I've got an old video with lighter weights somewhere on the forum - can link if people request. My form hasn't changed all that much I reckon.

Do any of you have queues for anti-rotation during the negative portion of the 1h-swing that you like? It always feels kinda poopy in the t-spine with the 24kg. Enough to not want to do it. Feels fine with the 16kg. I've got an old video with lighter weights somewhere on the forum - can link if people request. My form hasn't changed all that much I reckon.
Do what you are doing with the 16kg harder and tighter and you’ll control the 24kg.

I don't really feel like I'm doing anything with the 16kg so I will have trouble applying your advice.

if a pal holds your hand at chest height and gives maybe 30% of pull take note of what you do with your body to stop him making you rotate and apply that.

Yes to linking to your swings please.

Yep those are the ones!
A new video would be helpful - its been 7 months, and I don't see any rotation through the backswing, but I wonder if you fixed the issues pointed out with the lockout that you now have a different backswing.

Do any of you have queues for anti-rotation during the negative portion of the 1h-swing that you like?

I say : HINGE!
i think : like a trap door

at this point, I'm trying to emphasize my shoulders and hips being squared up.

This isn't approved technique, but it not only reduces rotation it eliminates complimentary momentum from the off hand:

This isn't approved technique, but it not only reduces rotation it eliminates complimentary momentum from the off hand:

You look strong through your hips here which is what matters to me so if this is what fixes it for now then I think that'll do.

Focus on rubbing/touching your arm against the inside of your thigh on the backswing, this should help you stay in line with your shoulder. On the contraction phase I find it helps to keep my eyes on the horizon and really focus on squeezing glutes forward so the bell swings straight out to a float and not up, again, in-line with the shoulder. These cues have helped me when I advance sun weight. The big big big key for any swing in my opinion is glutes glutes glutes - an aggressive squeeze to drive the bell forward must be the main objective.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom