all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Anti-tension Training

• Thread starter Deleted member 5559
  • Start date
Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 5559

I have a need for avoiding tension, specifically of the core, for 6 weeks and I'm brainstorming training ideas to build strength, conditioning, and athleticism without lifting over 10# and without applying any tension to the core. Thoughts?

My recent article may have some ideas for you, and If you look back on my Instagram to August 2019 there are some videos of what I was doing in the gym while on the 6 weeks of "no lifting more than 20 lbs" restriction. Original Strength resets, single-leg deadlifts unweighted, get-ups unweighted, squats unweighted, 4kg presses... and lots of walking.

I'll admit that I'm not an expert I don't know much about it, but I've seen some PTs raving about blood flow restriction training. Supposedly it can allow you to use much lighter weights and get a comparable training response. Maybe something to research?

I'll admit that I'm not an expert I don't know much about it, but I've seen some PTs raving about blood flow restriction training. Supposedly it can allow you to use much lighter weights and get a comparable training response. Maybe something to research?

KAATSU.

I’m not sure if it would work for core. It’s more about limbs - arms and legs? As you put a band on them to restrict the flow within them only.

I’m not sure if it would work for core. It’s more about limbs - arms and legs? As you put a band on them to restrict the flow within them only.
True. I was under the impression that @Bro Mo was looking for a way to train overall strength or maintain strength without having to work the core. I’m not sure if there’s a way to “work” the core without tension though.... At the very least BFR might help reduce strength/muscle loss if he’s unable to work at regular intensity levels...?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom