all posts post new thread

Nutrition Any changes

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

larbear1203

First Post
Ok new here i am starting my routine I am taking prework out during the work out i am taking a bcaa after workout i am taking a whey protein powder and before bed glutamine. So my goal is to build muscle while losing fat. I am also counting macro nutrient 25% carbs 35% protein 40%fat .is this a good plan any help welcomed

Last edited by a moderator:
So my goal is to build muscle while losing fat.
Welcome...
As you probably know building muscle comes from training and recovery. Losing fat mostly occurs in the kitchen. From what I've seen there are two schools of thought from many of the participants here.
Those that incorporate various 'supplements' in their diets, and those that do not. Some people do some form of intermittent fasting, others follow the Warrior Diet. There are many options and opinions. In the end I think it takes some old fashioned experimentation to find what works for you.

For me personally I typically eschew the supplements and focus the highest quality least processed food.

Perhaps some more information about your situation will elicit some additional responses.

Supplements are to training as camouflage is to hunting...most success can't be attributed to it other than the affect of the mindset it puts you in which is the most important aspect. Muscle gain and fat loss are pretty dependent on your personal body type. In general, get enough protein to build muscle and avoid micronutrient-void food.

The best advice for body composition will come from bodybuilding principles. They are the most detailed and disciplined group when it comes to changing body composition. Some of the primary principles different in that arena than in the strong first community are:
  1. Training to muscle failure
  2. High frequency small meals

@larbear1203 Those macros seem good as a start , and in the words of Dan John "everything works, until it doesn't." So based on your results you may need to adjust down the road.

Other factors to consider are food quality, sleep quality for recovery, hydration, and stress management.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom