all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Any effective calisthenics program?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Diego693

Level 1 Valued Member
practice calisthenics, I go at an intermediate level, I am entering the world of handstand and levers, strength training is very similar to intermuscular coordination trainning, any suggestions? Should I follow a plan like wave cycling or something similar? most of the movements are intense, some even require keeping the time under tension and the tendons must be strong, but everything centered on push and pull, vertical and horizontal

practice calisthenics, I go at an intermediate level, I am entering the world of handstand and levers, strength training is very similar to intermuscular coordination trainning, any suggestions? Should I follow a plan like wave cycling or something similar? most of the movements are intense, some even require keeping the time under tension and the tendons must be strong, but everything centered on push and pull, vertical and horizontal

Have you tried the Reddit Bodyweight Recommended Routine?

Lab Coat Fitness have probably the best, most scientifically sound training for gymnastics moves at the moment. Take a look at what their athletes can do, some at a crazy high weight / height for those moves. They usually recommend blocks of strength (barbells and weighted BW movements, skills on maintenance) alternated with blocks of skill training with maintenance of key lifts.

Have you considered our SFB certification for learning Bodyweight skills/progressions, assessments and programming?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom