all posts post new thread

Old Forum Any good strenght gains from you guys with KB Strong?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Yeah after everything I've been doing and hearing success stories from people who implemented KB ONE into their prep + my recent successes with the snatch test in training = I am feeling damn confident going into Philly.

BTW Congrats on your SFG I Connor!

Congrats Connor! Strength to you Mike Linder!

Hope to join you guys as a fellow SFG in the next year. I am making great progress thanks to KB Strong.

Hello!

I'm reading 'Power to the People' and it's fantastic.  However, I'm not sure what 'pet bodybuilding moves are.' Can anyone clarify?
from, "Spend the fifth week repping out with your pet bodybuilding moves,..."

I'm a novice so any help would be much appreciated.

@Billy - This question probably deserves it's own thread but basically there is an enormous difference between common bodybuilding methods and effective strength training.  Bodybuilders are typically more concerned with the physique side of things than the performance area so they'll target isolated muscles to get bigger instead of training the body as a system that works together.  Often times they'll do curls, triceps kickbacks and calf raises that are all movements that will hit individual muscles really hard but don't actually have much of a useful carry over to much else than making them bigger.

If you're liking power to the people you're in very good hands and you'll be learning some incredible principles you can apply to a lot of things in both life and sports.  Stay with it for a while and get as strong as you can because it will make every other physical pursuit a lot easier.

@Connor - thanks for letting me know.  Can you clarify what the 'pet moves' are/refer to?  I can find a definition anywhere on the interwebs.

It's not really a technical term.  More of a reference to a group of lifts some people just won't let go of even though they would be totally fine without them i.e. curls, triceps kickbacks, pec deck, lateral shoulder raises, etc.

He's pointing out the silliness of bodybuilding culture.

Could I ask what size bells people recommend using for this program if I've completed ROP with a 24kg.

Is one matched pair enough or do you switch between sizes during a workout.

Finally is there a preference between using Cast or Competition KB's or would that just be a personal choice depending on what you have available.

Greeting Giles.
Doing double presses is a different world than single presses, but if you've recently completed the Rite of Passage with a single 24kg bell you could stand to start STRONG with double 24's.  I wouldn't do the Short Course with that weight until you get used to the doubles.  The first program starts with ten singles so I'm sure you could learn the skill quickly and then jump right in.

I used a single pair for each session so no worries about changing sizes.  I've only used cast bells but that would probably be a personal choice.

Good luck man, it's become one of my all time favorites for a reason.

Thanks for the reply Connor,

I already have a pair of 2okg Comps plus a single 24 & 32, so I'll probably start with those then get a 2nd 24kg later on.

GT

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom